Remote Control Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

deuces

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
I have a remote control question I have not been able to find the answer to. I have a 522 in Dual Mode. I have TV1 outputting S-video to one TV. I have TV2 outputting on RG6 and split to 2 TVs mirroring each other. I just added RG6 to the TV1 output to mirror TV1 on another screen. So my IR remote works TV1, but I cannot get my extra UHF remote to operate TV1. TV1 frequency is 5, TV2 frequency is 7. Is there a way to only change the frequency the remote is outputting, when I try to change it it changes TV2 frequency to 5. I then tried flipping the chip over and it will then operate TV1, but when I go to the other room to the mirrored TV the remote loses funcionality, almost like it is acting like an IR remote. I hope this is clear enough. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Although I now have a head ache, I think you were clear. :D

Frequency 5 and 7 are actually "Remote Addresses".
You have 4 TV's: 2 are hooked up as TV1's, and 2 are hooked up as TV2's.
The 522 comes with two remotes: 1 IR for TV1 and 1 UHF PRO for TV2. However, you said "your extra UHF Remote".

Did you purchase a 3rd remote? If not, I would recommend you purchase a UHF PRO remote with the spare key tabs.

I believe you have your 522 set up so that TV1 uses IR/UHF PRO - RA 5, and TV2 uses UHF PRO - RA 7. In which case, a UHF PRO Remote requires 2 actions to switch between TV1 and TV2:
- (1) You must use the correct key tab:
- - - - Green Tab with Black 1 and UHF PRO engraved in it for TV1.
- - - - Blue Tab with Black 2 and UHF PRO engraved in it for TV2.
- (2) The correct Remote Address programmed into the remote:
- - - - Remote Address 5 for TV1.
- - - - Remote Address 7 for TV2.

Once the 522 is setup, you can use one remote, and swap/flip the tab each time you move from a room with a TV1 to a room with a TV2, but before you press any functions, you must also change the remote's Remote Address.

EDIT:
How to change the remote's Remote Address Code?
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/522.shtml
Left Side at Bottom - Click on "Remotes", then click on "Addressing to Receivers".

Or

Hold Sat buttom until all Mode lights flash.
Press 5
(or Press 7)
Press #
The Sat light will flash 3 times if done correctly.

Last edited:
I guess my simple question is can I control TV1 with my IR remote and also control TV1 with my UHF Pro remote from another room. I have not been able to get it to work using your instructions as of yet. The lady I spoke with at Dish told me it is not possible to do, but she did not instill me with confidence that she knew what she was doing.

My IR Remote address is 5 as you understood, and it operates TV1. When I try to set my UHF Pro Remote Address to 5 it will not operate TV1. I flipped the chip to black side up and then it will operate TV1, but not if I leave the room the receiver is in. I am lost.

I guess my simple question is can I control TV1 with my IR remote and also control TV1 with my UHF Pro remote from another room. I have not been able to get it to work using your instructions as of yet. The lady I spoke with at Dish told me it is not possible to do, but she did not instill me with confidence that she knew what she was doing.

My IR Remote address is 5 as you understood, and it operates TV1. When I try to set my UHF Pro Remote Address to 5 it will not operate TV1. I flipped the chip to black side up and then it will operate TV1, but not if I leave the room the receiver is in. I am lost.

Yes you can do this. You have to activate the UHF Pro for TV1. Goto MENU then 6-1-6 and enable UHF Pro. Then goto the system info screen, toggle upto the address for REMOTE 1. Then press record on the UHF remote you plan to use for your 2nd tv. You will see the info change to UHF. Then you will be able to do what you want.

Yes you can do this. You have to activate the UHF Pro for TV1. Goto MENU then 6-1-6 and enable UHF Pro. Then goto the system info screen, toggle upto the address for REMOTE 1. Then press record on the UHF remote you plan to use for your 2nd tv. You will see the info change to UHF. Then you will be able to do what you want.

Got it, you are the man. Now I don't have to listen to my pregnant wife complain that her parents have no TV in the guest room. Thank you for your help.

What are the actual menu words? I know of a guy with a 222k that has this exact same issue. But, I think the menus are different and I don't know what the headers are since I don't have a 522 or a 222. Thanks.

Edit. He upgraded from a 322 to a 222k. TV2 and its' mirror work fine. TV1 and its' mirror work fine. But, since TV1's mirror is far far away (downstairs and outside) the IR wont work. And for the life of me I could not get the TV1 to go to anything but IR.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)