Remote Control

buzaggie

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Hi:
I've recently switched from DISH to Comcast and I have a couple of questions. I've programmed my Comcast remote control to control my TV and home theater. The problem is, when I use the volume button on the remote it controls the TV volume and not the home theater. Is there a way to control the volume on the Home theater rather than the TV? By the way I have the Motorolla dual tuner DVR. Second question, I've programmed favorites on my guide, basically any thing I can access I've made a favorite. Is there a reason why when I hit guide it always shows all channels rather than defaulting to my favorite's list? Thanks for your help.

Here is a great wikipedia link for the Motorola box (6412) and the remote. Use the volume lock section to set the remote to control your receiver instead of your TV. There's also a lot of other useful tips for other functions as well. Saved me when I switched from dish to comcast. Hope it works for you!

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/How_to_use_a_Motorola_DVR/Programming_the_Remote

The thing with the favorites is a pain, but it always defaults to the guide with all the stations rather than the last one you used. I don't know of a way to change that.

Rob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts