Remote email setup?

jvriffel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Moberly, MO
Can anyone give me the POP and SMTP settings for dishnetwork.com emails? As a remote I am forced to use Outlook Web Access which has many limitations and I prefer to use Outlook Express on my own personal computer as I despise any and all web based email programs but all I have asked seem to lack this information and maybe just maybe thought someone here might know this information.

Can anyone give me the POP and SMTP settings for dishnetwork.com emails? As a remote I am forced to use Outlook Web Access which has many limitations and I prefer to use Outlook Express on my own personal computer as I despise any and all web based email programs but all I have asked seem to lack this information and maybe just maybe thought someone here might know this information.

LOL! That's a joke, right? If you worked for Dish, their tech staff would set you up with an email client. Are you looking to snag someone's incoming email? ;)

FYI without ID and PW you cannot "snag" someones email POP and SMTP servers are what is used to access email on any ISP but without the above good luck.

I am a remote tech not a joke, I even have a corporate produced employee ID Badge as our local ones weren't good enough anymore and company van on my side of the week. I have my own personal email account thru my own ISP.

Dish is now making us use the emails they setup for us but forcing us to use Outlook Web Access which is web based email and is the client they use. I have emailed them repeatly thru that interface asking said questions also only to receive "we use Outlook Web Access". In otherwords whoever is answering those emails is clueless.

Do you setup pop and smtp to use any web based email....No you don't, you go to the website and enter your user ID and PW then you see your email. I want to be able to have copies of ALL correspondence on my own personal computer as there as no limits to what I can keep and I can always go back as far as I want if the need arises. You all ever hear of cover your ass? Yes, I have currently been forwarding all emails to my personal accounts and use that account to send from but that is all a pita. Be much easier if all email arrived at same place. My local office tells me we have to use their emails that way they (I guess those above them) can be sure only Dish Network employess are getting them. As for some reason me using my personal account doesn't?

Now keep your useless comments to yourself if you can't help. Before making such comments you could of bothered to search my previous posts and then you might see I am what I say I am by the questions I've asked before. I may not be an old timer but been doing it 10 months, rank gold every month since eligible and top 5 from my office, every month. Then next time I am in the office I'll get the tech dept number and ask myself as the staff there have no clue as they do NOT setup our emails corporate or somebody above our local office does.

Nevermind, I called my office and got the tech line number and asked. According to them there is no way as it is using Exchange and only allows remote access logins to the Exchange server. Next time I'll just call them rather than asking pointless questions here to be ridiculed

"we use Outlook Web Access"

Nevermind, I called my office and got the tech line number and asked. According to them there is no way as it is using Exchange and only allows remote access logins to the Exchange server. Next time I'll just call them rather than asking pointless questions here to be ridiculed

Yep. That's how I have my office set up. And I don't think there is any other option, as I gather you are posting above.

With the number of hackers that come thru here, and our general interest not to assist anyone in such endeavors, it is not surprising you did not get the warmest of responses. Please understand.

Now keep your useless comments to yourself if you can't help. Before making such comments you could of bothered to search my previous posts and then you might see I am what I say I am by the questions I've asked before. I may not be an old timer but been doing it 10 months, rank gold every month since eligible and top 5 from my office, every month./QUOTE]

If you would have mentioned in your opening question a little more information about why you wanted the info (like you did in your next comment), people probably wouldn't have gave you a hard time. People reading the thread aren't going to take the time to look back at your history of posts to figure out who you are, and why you need the info. You need to post that upfront.
Also, this probably would have had a better chance of positive results if you had posted it in the Installers Forum, as there may actually be a fellow installer there that has figure it out already.

Just a little constructive criticism.

Last edited:

DO they have OWA set up?

It is a trivial procedure to enable IMAP or POP3 on an Exchange server, however they may have opted to force everybody to use the same thing and not want to deal with any additional issues that might arise. OWA will pretty much work anywhere you can run a web browser and it uses HTTP encryption, whereas IMAP or POP3 might be filtered, captured or otherwise tampered with.

Why not use your personal email, (IE Gmail) to fetch your exchange email, then setup your personal email with outlook, outlook express, or whatever s/w you use.
Or setup exchange to forward to your personal email.

Thats the way our organization is structured also. Outlook to Exchange for users inside the firewall, OWA for accessing Exchange from outside the firewall. You can use OWA to setup forwarding rules to your personal email like Gmail, Hotmail or in my case, Cox Cable. Then use Outlook Express to read the emails from your ISP.

Why not use your personal email, (IE Gmail) to fetch your exchange email, then setup your personal email with outlook, outlook express, or whatever s/w you use.
Or setup exchange to forward to your personal email.

This is what I am wanting to do which is why I asked for the information above. After speaking with them and with what Pepper said above they don't have POP3 setup or plan to and wish to force us to use the OWA instead.

I cannot setup exchange as it is corporate controlled. Along with how they choose to force us to access it evidently.

Or maybe I am the one that is clueless, is there a way I can setup Outlook Express to access my exchange email? Without the POP3 and SMTP I didn't think that was possible and from what little research I've done I haven't found out how.

Thats the way our organization is structured also. Outlook to Exchange for users inside the firewall, OWA for accessing Exchange from outside the firewall. You can use OWA to setup forwarding rules to your personal email like Gmail, Hotmail or in my case, Cox Cable. Then use Outlook Express to read the emails from your ISP.

Ok will try this, guess I completely missed the auto forward settings, I was the clueless one evidently. Thanks much

Since they have OWA setup you could use outlook 2007 to connect direct through the web. Mind you this only works with outlook 2007. Then you could add your personal account also and have both in one client.

sorry no desire to use Outlook but yes, I knew that was an option

ok I created a message rule within OWA that states any email sent to that address should be forwarded to my personal account but after testing it doesn't work and yes I have double checked proper spelling. Other than that I couldn't find a setting within options to forward emails? Any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)