Remote for GeoSatPro Power button flashing

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
Hi,

I have a user whose remote control blinks the power button and doesn't work. The only way he was able to get the blinking to stop was to take the batteries out.

I have another and will replace it when I can get back there.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this? The unit is new.

Thanks, Bill

Maybe a jammed button?

Have your customer run their finger top to bottom on the remote sliding across the buttons. See if one of the buttons has gotten stuck.

The actual functional part of the power on switch was holding contact even though the very outer surface of the button was still up. A replacement remote was sent promptly. Thanks!

I have a new issue.

I went today with a new dish system to a home west of here near the big Robins Air Force Base. Dishpointer on iPad didn't work. I'll address that on their page.
With a large back yard, I used a compass to aim. PC dishpointer confirmed I was looking in the right direction.
I was able to only get 4.2 dB SQ on 12152 and lower values on 11842 and 12115.

The dish is true. Skew and position of the lnb are tweeked at near the specified 20 degree left rotation. The mast pole is plumb.

This is disappointingly similar to other aims in this area, including the very first one I tried on g19, as well as the one in Statesboro where the compasses were off by about 20 degrees. That time, the dishpointer iPad, an android app, and the manual compass in the yard were wrong, but Mr. Sun and the PC dishpointer map were right on and I was able to make a good aim. It was cloudy enough today that I could not determine where the sun actually was. And,,, this is the season when during the mid day, the sun is almost directly overhead.

I'm going back soon. Going to check with some acquaintences in the area to see if others have good Glorystar installs there. Maybe take the same dish set to another location. Maybe take another set to the area. Use a tripod to take the system to other areas nearby.

I'm going to get this to work! Just musing here for your company and suggestions.

I could not get my pictures to attach here in iPad. I'll try to manage that through PC.

Thanks, Bill

Dr. Pepper 6044 said:
The actual functional part of the power on switch was holding contact even though the very outer surface of the button was still up. A replacement remote was sent promptly. Thanks!

Sounds like a factory defect. Please call our support department and mention this message. I will approve the shipment of a new replacement remote at no charge.

Thank you for taking care of this customer!

Warner Robins? A LOT of radar interference clear out to Tractor Supply. I had to used a Primestar 85 at a church a little to the East of tractor supply. Been 2 years or more. Seems like that was HWY 49.. The used 3abn dish they had would not work, a 75E worked but not solid, the 85 was solid.

Thanks, Pop, but that is not what I wanted to read.

I'm going back with a second dish and tripod to finely aim. The location is south of the base. Maybe close to the house it will act as a shield from the radar stuff.

Would a larger 1.2 meter dish help?

I'll post my results tonight.

:) Bill

A larger dish is what I needed. I believe it is the power and scattering so the house may shield some. I am guessing it is the width rather than height, from that experience and postings in this forum, because the 'round' dish was bigger than the 75e that did work a little, the 85 looked to be about the same size but wider and worked fine. I actually hope that is the problem, because, for me at least, it is an easy fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)