Remote issue

fuzzfacefrombboard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Missouri
Over the past couple of days, it seems that the 6.0 IR/UHF remote for my 625 (TV2) doesn't want to work much in the room where the 2nd tv is. I have to have it pointed in JUST the right spot to get any response. If I change the remote address it works great, but only for a few hours (if that) and then goes back having me having to hunt around pointing in multiple directions and locations to get it to work. Any suggestions on fixing this? I've tried new batteries. I've tried tightening/loosening the UHF antenna flag and moving its position around. It's weird that after changing the address, it works great, but just for awhile.
Also, I have a spare 21.0 IR/UHF remote. Will it work with the 625? If so, how can I get it set up for that receiver?

You need to make sure the little toggle switch in the battery compartment of the 21.0 is set to IR/UHF. Set to the same remote address as the 6.0
If no better, you might want to give this a try:
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/techportal/Images/Tech/remotes/RemoExtend1.jpg

The toggle switch inside appears to be either UHF or IR, not IR/UHF (am I missing something?). I am guessing I need it to be set to UHF, right?
How do I get the receiver to recognize the 21.0 remote? Do I need to do anything special?

OK, UHF. Then program the remote for the address you have already set.

The best solution I've found for this is.

Tv1
If using a Tri-plexer- Take the tv2 coax coming from the triplexer and screw it into the input on a splitter then make two little coax jumpers and screw one into the antenna slot on the back of the receiver and the other jumper into the tv2 port on the receiver.

If using a diplexer and 2 splitters - your going to have a satellite feed coming into a diplexer then from the diplexer satellite port you'll make a jumper and screw it into a (1)splitter and then two jumpers from the (1)splitter into both satellite ports on the back of your 625. Now the uhf/vhf port on your diplexer your going to make a jumper from it to another (2)splitter, then make two jumpers and screw one into your antenna port and one into your tv2 port.

Tv2
Unscrew your coax from the back of your tv2 and screw it into the input on a splitter then take your antenna and put it on one of the out ports on the splitter then make a jumper from the other out port and screw into the back of your tv.

And there you go! instead of the antenna broadcast over the air. It sends the signals thru your coax cable and puts it right behind your tv two so you have no remote troubles! any questions just send me a pm or reply back Id be happy to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)