Remote issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

majorpayne

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Arizona
I'm a brand new customer (less then one week). I'm currently having a issue with one of my remote on controlling the TV. The remote will control the TV Volume Mute and Inputs. What it will not do it turn the tv off when hitting the master Off Button. It flashes theDVR then the TV lights at the top. In order to turn it off I have to move the slider over to TV and hit the Power button. Does anyone know what is going on?

Many tv codes in the white remotes don't map correct commands to the ON & OFF keys, brands like Samsung, panasonic and mitsubishi. You're stuck with whatevers mapped via the preset code. Its upto the code ou use and the model of tv you have.

Have you tried tapping the ON key twice? To see if it turns off with next push?

No actually I haven't tried that. I have a Toshiba TV in the Living Room where as the Sharp (it works fine) is in the bedroom.

Let me try that.

For the toshiba, if you want the ON & OFF commands, use code 10765. But you will lose the TV INPUT command, its upto you which is more important.

If you have a rc32 remote in the house, code 11656 will give you both ON & OFF and tv input. But the same code in the rc64 remote won't.

Ahh good to know... It's a rc64.. Input is a nice feature.. I'll just have to think and ask the better half which she wants better. I have a Universal for DVD an Inputs if it's needed anyways

Last edited:
Use the next code in line for the Toshiba it will work then... then keeping the slider on TV Mute/Select then type 960 and push back to D*. It will then power on/off and do inputs. Some Toshibas need you to hold the button a few seconds before it kicks in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)