Remote issues

rdempsey

Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
South Carolina
I am having 2 issues. 1) when my TV1 is on i am unable to use my remote for TV2, when TV1 is off I have no problem using my Remote for TV2, thoughts on correcting this? 2) When I am watching TV on TV1 I have to walk right up to the box and put the remote up against the box to get it to work. I want to couch potato it and i have to get up each time i want to change the channel, frustrating.. any thoughts?

this is a KPI and is being investigated by dish's technical operations department, you should call so they can file a report, and maybe switch you to a uhf tv1 remote. call 1-888-681-0879

Are they fresh batteries?

Could you tell us a little more?
1. What kind of receivers are they?
2. Is it set for single or duel mode?
3. How old are the remotes?

Yes, new batteries, actually about 50 new batteries...

1) Receiver - ViP722K DVR
2) Dual
3) 2nd remote is less then 2 mos old, 1st remote is less then 3wks old (Dish sent me a UHF remote for the 1st tv after I called in and asked for a solution)

thoughts?

IF you have an auto sensor or auto light, or Dynalight on your picture controls, ( this adjust your contrast automatically in your room depending on light sources in your room at the time) Turn it off and you won't have any interference with your remote control and the LCD tv . I had this on my Toshiba tv and once it was turned off no more problems at all with tv1 remote control.

i ran into the same problem on an install a few months back with a 50 inch lcd all i did was turn the brightness level of the tv up just a little bit not evan enough to really make to much of a difference and fixed the prob right away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts