Remote lag - S246

Is anyone else seeing remote lag on the original hopper? I've always had it, although it seems worse after the latest update.

That might explain my issue with my Harmony Remote...ever since the S246 update my programmed sequence for turning on CC "stalls" and I have to perform the last two commands manually.

There may be other processes going on in the background when shutting them down which could explain the "lag".

It's definitely all the time now, though. Always about a 5-6 second delay to turn off the Joeys no matter what menu you're in. Other than that I'm pretty happy with the Joey software. They need to fix the linking issues though. When I flip Hoppers with my Joey the OTA channels are all missing from the guide until I reboot. Also sometimes the menu just says unlinked until I reboot.

Overall much better release than S292.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Is anyone else seeing remote lag on the original hopper? I've always had it, although it seems worse after the latest update.

What do you mean remote lag? Do you get much lag when you use the Skip forward and Back buttons? If so, how much delay, couple seconds more or less?

I've always notice intermittent lag in entering channel numbers on original Hopper, it comes and goes. After the last update the Joey does slow to shut down, not really an issue for me though.

I've always notice intermittent lag in entering channel numbers on original Hopper, it comes and goes. After the last update the Joey does slow to shut down, not really an issue for me though.

Our skip forward and back issue is very irritating for us. I am glad a red button reset clears it right up. Dish is looking in to the issue thru the DIRT members.

This week I just noticed my Joey remote taking longer to respond. I checked the status of my batteries and they are good. After reading this it looks like the recent download may have caused some issues. The only one that seems to be consistent though is when powering the Joey off.

It seems like all of the features they've added since launch, and whatever other coding they have done for bug fixes and whatnot, have really slowed it down. So, if they haven't already done so, they should remove whatever throttling they added after the previews. That should bring it back to where it needs to be.

Just noticed massive lag when skipping on my original hopper. Don't have this problem on my HWS.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)