Remote Location Use

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dgbenz

Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
Texas
I have a recent install of ...Dish 1000.2 with a VIP 612 and two VIP 211k's. I want to use one of the VIP 211k receivers at another location with a Dish 1000.1. I am not receiving the Sat 129... Can someone diagram the proper connection? Do I need additional equipment? :confused: Thanks!

so you moved the 211 to another home that has a 1000 dish installed? is that correct, and the 129 does not come in?
did you do a checkswitch?
edit : if this is the case, you should not need addl equipment. the 1000 is essentially the same as 1002 for your purpose here. and if you dont get 129 then something is wrong with the instalation or line of sight.
run a checkswitch and give us the results.
menu 6-1-1-test

It is not unlikely that you have the dish pointed off by 9 degrees so you are looking at 101/110/119 instead of 110/119/129. Cover the center LNB with foil for now and if 119 remains but 110 is gone, then this is the problem.

To tune from scratch, you need to cover the outer LNBs and find 119: set the skew, adjust the elevation (with a plumb mast), and rotate the azimuth. Then fine tune the elevation. After removing the foils if 110 and 129 are noticeably different then a tweak of the skew is in order. If 119 is hotter than 110 and 129 then tweak the elevation. Repeat.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)