remote not working for tv2

Have you had it working before? Is the remote in SAT mode? Try pressing the SAT button on the upper left hand corner first to see if it works. Check the remote address with the TV1 remote (has green tab on the bottom). You can do this by going to the system info screen and it will give you the TV1 and TV2 remote addresses that the receiver can recognize. Next hold down the SAT button on each of the remotes until the TV, VCR, and AUX buttons to the right light up then release the SAT button. Press the # button then count how many times the SAT button flashes. See if it matches what is in the system info screen.

If both remotes are addressed as 1 then that is your problem. You need to see what the address is in the system info screen for TV2 and then hold in your SAT mode button on the TV2 remote until the TV/VCR/AUX buttons light up, release the SAT button then it should flash, then punch in 2 then press the # button then the SAT button should flash three times. While you are in the system info screen (you would have to access it with the TV1 remote) press record on the TV2 remote and then you will see it say 2. Also make sure that the UHF antenna is secure on the back of the receiver.

TV1 TV2 on most dual tuners default to channel 1, its possible that what is going on is a reception issue between the tuner 2 remote and the receiver, what you can do to check this out is to move towards the room the receiver is in and press the select key. Channel 1 default setting wont cause this problem as the second remote transmitts a uhf signal to the receiver. If there is a reception problem then what you will need to do is relocate the antenna on the receiver to where the tv 2 is at, simplesimon I think has posted a diagram on how to do this.

Switch the TV1 and TV2 tv coax out to get the TV2 into the same room the receiver is in and see if the receiver responds to the remote commands then switch them back after you see if that works or not.

Stargazer said:
Switch the TV1 and TV2 tv coax out to get the TV2 into the same room the receiver is in and see if the receiver responds to the remote commands then switch them back after you see if that works or not.
If you're using a dual tuner irds(322,522,625) probably your remote is a 4.0 ir/uhf pro
or a 6.0 ir/uhf pro if this is correct make sure the key on the bottom is on # 2 because it won't work on the second T.V if is on #1,that's the main reason to made those R/C like that to have different remote locations.:up

Stargazer said:
If both remotes are addressed as 1 then that is your problem.
No it's not. UHF-1 has nothing to do with IR-1.

I can't take credit for the UHF remote improvements I talk about - they've come from various other members over time. There's 3 basic ones.
  • Use a piece of RG-6 to relocate the antenna away from the junk behind the shelves.
  • Make or use a better UHF antenna
  • Relocate the antenna to the other room using UHF splitters.
That last one can get sticky considering everything else we use a single cable for. ;)

Stargazer said:
So the UHF Pro remotes do not send out an IR signal as well like the legacy UHF remotes did?
It varies by remote model. IIRC, the 811 & 921 units do not send IR when in SAT mode. My 501 remote WILL control my 921 in IR mode - even though it also sends UHF (although it's NOT the same UHF that the 921 uses).

Anyway, if the UHF remote is in a different room, the IR won't make it to the receiver anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts