Remote Problems Resolved and Solved

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blue Crystal

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I recently had to down size from my BUD to a small k band system, due to relocation. I had been using a Cw 800s receiver for my bud. However, when I used it on my new system I could not get my old worn out remote to work.
I ordered a new universal one and still would not work. The selling agency replaced that one and it still did not work.
Therefore I gave up on another replacement.
I found info about how to determine if your remote is operating. If look thru a camera lens you can see if the light is flashing when you use the remote.
I used my cell phone camera and sure enough you can see the flash.
Then I really became frustrated, I was so frustrated I took my receiver apart and wiped all the front screens and everything else with a light coat of rubbing alcohol. I figured, what do I have to lose.
Plugged my receiver in, did a hard reboot and pointed my remote and gave it a shot.
What do you know it worked. Now I have two remotes that work. The older remote just needed the bulb to be re soldered to get it to work.
I guess the moral of the story is don't give up, try anything reasonable it may work.

I've done as you have to many, many, remotes, although followed with a flush of denatured alcohol to remove any trace of soap or cleaner. (One, glued together with dried soda pop, was even restored to 'good as new') Had a cheap camera hooked up to the workbench TV.
To rejuvenate non working buttons, that cleaning doesn't fix, product I've used successfully: CaiKote
I've seen where others have glued or taped(2sided) a small piece of aluminum foil to the carbon dots.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)