Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is a chart from Dish Network to help you quickly identify your Dish Network remote and also let you know which remotes are compatable with each other.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Replacement_Remote_Selection_Guide.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,518
Where can we get additional remotes to control TV2 on the ViP622? Acording to your chart it is a Pro 6.3. I checked the DN website and didn't see any of those.

My 811 remote (8.0) works fine with my 622. I just bought 3 for $20 on e-bay. Only negative I see is no a/b frequency selection but worked OK from other end of house.

I'm hoping some day to replace all my remotes (dish and otherwise) with a harmony or something similar and IR distribution throughout the house. A couple questions:

Can TV2 be controlled via IR, or is it UHF only?

Are the IR codes for these newer receivers the same as the old ones? For example, if I ran IR distribution to a 622 and a 508, would I be able to control them separately?

I've got a pair of 622's and am looking for additional information regarding how to program the AUX button to control a second receiver.

It would be great to be able to control 622-2 with 622-1's remote (AUX) and vise versa.

I've searched for links on how to program AUX for this. Other than the mention in the User Guide that it is possible, I can't find any programming information.

Anyone?

I was having a hard time figuring this out too, until I finally found the instructions on pages 81 and 82 of the 622 User's Guide (well back from where the capability is first mentioned on 76):

"If you have another DISH Network satellite receiver installed, you can use this remote in AUX mode to control it along with your new receiver. When you program the remote to control this other receiver, the remote will send out IR and UHF (not UHF Pro) signals to the receiver. You can program the remote to control any other DISH Network satellite receiver, except for following:

o TV2 on DISH 322, ViP222, ViP622 DVR, DISH Player-DVR 522, 625 and 942
o DishPlayer 7100/7200"

Program the AUX button to 3x, where x is the address of the receiver you want to control.

What I take this to mean is that the TV1 Tuner on the 622 is controlled using the same band of UHF frequencies as the older receivers, while a different band of frequencies (called 'UHF Pro') is used to control the TV2 Tuner. So if you set the TV1 address to different channels on your 2 622s, you should be able to do what you want.

Note that this only works with the TV2 remote (the one with the blue key). The green keyed remote is IR only (at least without some modification to the switches that I understand are hidden on the back of the key). You might want a blue keyed remote for each room with a TV.

randykimj said:
I was having a hard time figuring this out too, until I finally found the instructions on pages 81 and 82 of the 622 User's Guide (well back from where the capability is first mentioned on 76):

"If you have another DISH Network satellite receiver installed, you can use this remote in AUX mode to control it along with your new receiver. When you program the remote to control this other receiver, the remote will send out IR and UHF (not UHF Pro) signals to the receiver. You can program the remote to control any other DISH Network satellite receiver, except for following:

o TV2 on DISH 322, ViP222, ViP622 DVR, DISH Player-DVR 522, 625 and 942
o DishPlayer 7100/7200"

Program the AUX button to 3x, where x is the address of the receiver you want to control.

What I take this to mean is that the TV1 Tuner on the 622 is controlled using the same band of UHF frequencies as the older receivers, while a different band of frequencies (called 'UHF Pro') is used to control the TV2 Tuner. So if you set the TV1 address to different channels on your 2 622s, you should be able to do what you want.

Note that this only works with the TV2 remote (the one with the blue key). The green keyed remote is IR only (at least without some modification to the switches that I understand are hidden on the back of the key). You might want a blue keyed remote for each room with a TV.

Do note that this process does NOT work with a 6.0 or 8.0 remote... as I've tried with both. Seems only the 6.2 (and I guess the 6.3) can be programmed on the AUX button to control a second satellite receiver.

DishBacker said:
Do note that this process does NOT work with a 6.0 or 8.0 remote... as I've tried with both. Seems only the 6.2 (and I guess the 6.3) can be programmed on the AUX button to control a second satellite receiver.
My parents just upgraded their 811-->211 and 942-->622. As DishBacker suggested, I haven't been able to get the 811's 8.0 UHF Pro to work as a UHF remote for TV1 on the 622... I also have a 5.2 and 6.2, but the keys are incompatible...

Bottom line is, it looks like I want a 6.3 with a TV1 UHF Pro key?

And yes... I can read, I just want to be sure that I'm interpreting the diagram, and all these damn keys, correctly! :D

Incidentally, Agile Modulated Output is great but, it sure would be groovy if I could get it to work right out of the box! :mad:

EDIT: Scratch this post... I figured out how to "modify" the 6.2 to serve as a UHF remote for TV1.

Last edited:
Wow, who would have knew that these remotes would have gotten as complicated and technical to figure out as the receivers?

So let me get this straight, I can use a 6.2 remote in the regular SAT mode to operate TV2 on a 522/625/622 receiver and in the AUX mode I can use it for TV1 for any receiver and that it will also do UHF if I wanted to use it for a 721/921/4900? That would be sweet! I would only need one remote instead of two. This would make things MUCH simpler. I thought the 8.0 remote was needed to operate two different satellite receivers. I have a 6.2 remote. To program AUX I just put 3X for the code X being the code for TV1 or any single tuner satellite receiver?

I tried it and it works! Here is how I have my 6.2 remote programmed. It has the blue TV2 key although I could put the TV1 UHF Pro key in it and get the same result if I wanted to identify the remote as being used on one tv output only or to distinguish it from the other remotes.

In SAT mode it is operating a 522 satellite receiver in single user mode. I enabled UHF PRO control for TV1. In AUX mode it operates the 721. The 522 is connected through the 721's front ports which means all I have to do is hit 0 in AUX mode then press SAT mode to operate the other receiver. The UHF function seems to work well in AUX mode for the 721. All I have to do is take this remote into any room of the house and turn it to the respectful channel in order to gain access to either the 721 or 522 receiver. Since I have it in share mode I can access TV1 in single user mode on a UHF channel as well. Channel 3 gets me 721 and Channel 55 gets me 522. If I put it in dual user mode I can still get the same result since I do not have channel 3 from the 522 connected to that coax cable, only the 721's channel 3 is on that splitter on the coax so that the 721 and 522's channel 3 do not interfere with each other.

Can I use the 6.2 kit to operate TV1 on my 522?

Can I use also use the 6.2 kits is aux mode to operate TV2 on my 522?

Where is the best place to purchase the 6.2?

Thanks

I am current D* customer, but planning to switch to E* in Feb to take advantage of the free 622 offer. At the moment, I am using a Logitech Harmony remote with my D* HD Tivo and other system components. Love the way I can turn everything on with one touch. I am counting on being able to reprogram my Harmony remote once I get the new 622. Anyone else using a Harmony with there 622, or know of issues?

Can I use the 6.2 kit to operate TV1 on my 522?

Can I use also use the 6.2 kits is aux mode to operate TV2 on my 522?

Where is the best place to purchase the 6.2?

Thanks

I would like to know this answer as well.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)