Remote Sat Button Turns On DVR

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
Some of my remotes when Sat button is pressed the DVR turns on. Most of my remotes this does not happen. I cannot figure out how to prevent this. Thought maybe it was the Limited Mode or Auto-Tune features so I turned them both off. Pressing the Sat button still turns on the DVR. Does anyone know how to prevent this?

I think it depends on the remote model. I am guessing the newer models do this.

Its presumed that when you press the Sat button you want to watch so that is why they started turning on the receiver when you press the button.

I think it depends on the remote model. I am guessing the newer models do this.

Its presumed that when you press the Sat button you want to watch so that is why they started turning on the receiver when you press the button.

I did a quick test. Seven 21.0s pressing the Sat button turns on the DVR. One 21.0 does not. One 20.0 turns it on. Five 6.3 do not turn on the DVR. I took the one 21.0 that does not turn on Sat and changed the Sat remote address to work a different DVR and it still would not turn on the DVR. Then I changed the same remote TV address to work a different TV and the Sat button still would not turn on the DVR. So n0qcu, I would say you are correct with the exception of the one oddball 21.0I have. Strange!!

Yeah, I noticed after upgrading from a 625 to my 722Ks that pressing the SAT button turns on the DVR. With the IR ones at least, I just cover the IR if I don't want the DVR turning on. For the UHF ones, I just don't press SAT unless I want it on. No big deal really, why would I want the SAT function activated anyway if the DVR isn't even on?

Yeah, I noticed after upgrading from a 625 to my 722Ks that pressing the SAT button turns on the DVR. With the IR ones at least, I just cover the IR if I don't want the DVR turning on. For the UHF ones, I just don't press SAT unless I want it on. No big deal really, why would I want the SAT function activated anyway if the DVR isn't even on?

The RF remotes does the same thing. That is when I discovered pressing the SAT button turns on the DVR. I use to cover the transmitter window on the remote too to prevent it from turning on the DVR. But now I do not press the SAT button as the last step when I shut down the DVR at TV1 position after watching it at TV2 position. It is no big deal, but I find it strange one of my 21.0s along with all the 6.3 do not turn on the DVR when the SAT button is pressed. I just thought maybe I had the remotes not set up correctly or something.

I think it depends on which code you select as to whether the DVR turns on. If the one you're using is doing it, try another.

The other option is not putting yourself in a position where you need to press the SAT button.

I think it depends on which code you select as to whether the DVR turns on. If the one you're using is doing it, try another.

The other option is not putting yourself in a position where you need to press the SAT button.

What do you mean it depends on which code you select?

My sat receiver is on 23/7/365, only in standby for a short time after daily guide download because I have it set to auto tune a channel 1 hr after the nightly download, so I have never had the opportunity to notice the sat button "feature".

The receiver is NEVER really off, because it is always ready to record at a moments notice and a shutdown would require it to go through the bootup routing that takes 5+ minutes.

I tried changing to several different remote addresses on several DVRS.
Remote addresses have absolutely nothing to do with remote codes. Remote codes define how your remote speaks to your equipment (receiver, TV, Blu-ray player).

If you check the receiver code on the unit that doesn't turn on the DVR, I'd imagine that you might find that it is different from the other remotes.

Again, if it is eating you alive, seek ways to not have to press the SAT button. The only time you should need to press the SAT button is if you're using the DISH remote to control a different TV source and it may be more comfortable to use the source's remote rather than the DISH remote.

Remote addresses have absolutely nothing to do with remote codes. Remote codes define how your remote speaks to your equipment (receiver, TV, Blu-ray player).

If you check the receiver code on the unit that doesn't turn on the DVR, I'd imagine that you might find that it is different from the other remotes.

Again, if it is eating you alive, seek ways to not have to press the SAT button. The only time you should need to press the SAT button is if you're using the DISH remote to control a different TV source and it may be more comfortable to use the source's remote rather than the DISH remote.

This thread has nothing to do with the equipment codes. If the SAT DVR is turned off it doesn't matter what button was pressed last (SAT, TV, DVD, or AUX), if you press the SAT button the DVR turns on. It is not eating me alive, I have already stated in post #7 that I do not press the SAT button as the last step when shutting down using remote at TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts