Remote TV and ViP722K

Buckmaidt

Original poster
May 4, 2013
AR
I have a ViP722k running on one TV at the moment and everything is working great. I am using a single cable from the switch to a triplexer which is then separated into 3 cables connecting to the two internal receivers and the "home distribution" output.

My question is how do I connect to a remote tv? Do I need to undo the dish network triplexer from the "home distribution" output and run a coax direct to second tv? Do I just run a Coax from a different port on my switch, or do I need to put some sort of splitter onto the Main coax going to the triplexer? I have the triplexer connected according to dish specs but in this config it would make the main coax a two way line to and from the switch.

Hope I have explained this right.:confused:

Two ways to do it. Either "undo" yellow tagged coax between stb and triplexer and run a line from "home distribution". Other option is to put diplexer on the line, if more convienient, and run line to tv2 from this point.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

:welcome Welcome to SatelliteGuys. The best thing for you to do is to replace your triplexer with a Dish Network 123254 DPP Separator http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0016HPAAG/?tag=satell01-20 . Connect these to your 2 satellite inputs,then run coaxial cable from the home distribution output to your second TV,& attach the Dish Network UHF Remote Antenna to the antenna output. Go through the set up for your TV2 remote & make sure that your second TV is turned to the channel that the signal is supposed to be on(the receiver will tell you what channel that is when you set up the TV2 remote).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts