Remotes

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
It would be nice if one remote controlled both Dish and Direct. Does the Harmony remotes do this and if so which model would be the best. Thanks

All Harmony remotes will work with both Dish and Direct. I have had an 880 and now have a One and they are both great. Harmony customer service is very pleasant to work with if you have any problems.

I definitely recommend Harmony remotes. I have the 700 and the One. They both do a terrific job, and Logitech definitely stands behind them. If you have a defective unit they just disable it and send you a brand new one.

i don't have direct so i can't say but couldn't a 21.0 remote work. just set the aux mode to your direct receiver and program the direct's buttons to it? like i said i don't have direct and don't know if their receivers use IR or UHF, but that seems like a possible solution.

How about having a Harmony One and a UHF Pro remote working at the same time on a VIP 612? I can do this on my 622, but downgraded my second tv to a 612 to save $7 a month.

I went to the Logitech site and did the compatibility check amd both Dish and Direct wasn't in their database. What's with that?

I went to the Logitech site and did the compatibility check amd both Dish and Direct wasn't in their database. What's with that?

I can assure you that both are. I have Dish and use both of mine with no problems. My borther has DirecTV and uses his with no problems.

I just checked and I found both with no problems. Set the device to cable/satellite box>satellite and both Dish Network and DirecTV are listed as manufacturers. The Harmony remotes also have a nice learning function, so anything will work whether it is in the database or not.

I can assure you that both are. I have Dish and use both of mine with no problems. My borther has DirecTV and uses his with no problems.

I just checked and I found both with no problems. Set the device to cable/satellite box>satellite and both Dish Network and DirecTV are listed as manufacturers. The Harmony remotes also have a nice learning function, so anything will work whether it is in the database or not.

:up:up:up

Ghpr13:)

How about having a Harmony One and a UHF Pro remote working at the same time on a VIP 612? I can do this on my 622, but downgraded my second tv to a 612 to save $7 a month.
I fail to see what's stopping you. If your UHF Pro is set to UHF only, you can flip the tab at the bottom over, and set it and the receiver into IR only mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts