Remotes

JWC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
This has to be a common problem. The newer TVs etc are not encoded in the existing line of dish network remotes. Other than (in vain) going through the thousand(s)??? of page up/page down tricks, has anyone found a good solution to this delima? Are there any universal (programmable, learning, etc) remotes that replicate the functions of the existing line of dish pro remotes if I am willing to give up the UHF features? Thanks for any help

I am using Harmony for all my AV equipment, and I love it! I know many other forum members do as well. It replaced half a dozen of different remotes in my TV room. Now anyone in my family can turn on all necessary components, including AV receiver, set correct audio and video inputs, etc. all with a just a single button click, like "Watch TV" or "Watch DVD". No problem with supporting latest equipment, as their on-line database is updated daily.

I imagine that Dish Network has the remotes made in bulk which means that when a version of a remote is out it will be out for a while before any updates. It just had its first update (at least lookwise) towards the end of last year if I recall correctly on the basic receiver and that was the only change in the remote that I can remember since the late 90's (1998 or 1999).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts