Removed Joey's, now no signal from DVR

JoeSal

Original poster
Nov 27, 2019
Sarasota
I wanted to save $14 a month, so I removed two Joey's in bedrooms where no one was recording programs from the DVR hopper in the living room.. When I removed the coaxial cable from the back of the Joey and reconnected it to the bedroom tv's , I received no signal from the DVR hopper in the living room. How can I fix this so that we can watch Dish on the bedroom tv's without their Joey's?

The Hopper receiver acts as a server and the Joeys are clients that connect to the Hopper. You need the Joey to receive video from the Hopper.

If your bedroom TV’s have a HDMI input, you have WiFi in your house, and you either have a Hopper3 or Hopper with Sling receiver, you can buy an Amazon Fire Stick, download the Dish Anywhere app to the Fire Stick, and use Dish Anywhere to watch content on your Hopper. However, you will only be able to use Dish Anywhere on 1 TV at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wanted to save $14 a month, so I removed two Joey's in bedrooms where no one was recording programs from the DVR hopper in the living room.. When I removed the coaxial cable from the back of the Joey and reconnected it to the bedroom tv's , I received no signal from the DVR hopper in the living room. How can I fix this so that we can watch Dish on the bedroom tv's without their Joey's?
Firestick

Reactions: charlesrshell