Hopper, Joey, Wally combo?

les.warden

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Central Illinois
So the RV is put up and the RV Wally won’t be used for a few months, BUT can I do this in my residency....

Go from the Dish antenna to a splitter. Run one splitter output to the Wally and the other output to the switch which runs the Hopper/Joey combo. I know I can’t run the Wally on the output of the Hopper/Joey switch, but can I BEFORE with the other splitter?

Thanks.

So the RV is put up and the RV Wally won’t be used for a few months, BUT can I do this in my residency....

Go from the Dish antenna to a splitter. Run one splitter output to the Wally and the other output to the switch which runs the Hopper/Joey combo. I know I can’t run the Wally on the output of the Hopper/Joey switch, but can I BEFORE with the other splitter?

Thanks.

No, what you described will not work.

If you have a Hopper 3 and a Hybrid LNB then you can't run anything else off the LNB when the Hopper 3 is connected.

No, what you described will not work.

If you have a Hopper 3 and a Hybrid LNB then you can't run anything else off the LNB when the Hopper 3 is connected.

I wondered because when I get ready to roll in the spring, I update the Wally here at home. I bypass the switch and plug the Wally where the Hopper normally is. So straight from the Wally to the Dish. It has updated fine each time.

Reactions: JSheridan
I wondered because when I get ready to roll in the spring, I update the Wally here at home. I bypass the switch and plug the Wally where the Hopper normally is. So straight from the Wally to the Dish. It has updated fine each time.
On it's own, it will. but once you go back to the Hub and connect the Hopper 3, it won't. And the only way the Hopper 3 works is from port 1 out on the LNB, to the Hub, form the Hub to the Hopper and Port 2 out on the LNBF is deactivated. No Splitters can be between the Hub and the LNBF. Also, no stand alone receivers will work off of standard splitters

Yes, Wally's work great on Hybrid LNB's, in fact you can have up to 8 of them on one Hybrid connection. It's just that when a Hopper 3 is connected to a Hybrid LNB then nothing else can be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)