new to dish/dvr

rgrgrg

Original poster
Nov 28, 2019
usa
my wife and i watch and record different programs at the same time in different rooms we are use to not seeing the others recordings because it can get confusing what dvr combo would i use in this case.

Do your recordings to folders. We do that here, a folder for my wife, a folder for me. Stuff we watch together get saved to the open screen. To do this, press DVR, Options, Manage Folders, and Create Folders. Open your Timers screen and edit the timer. At the bottom of the Timer edit screen is the place to point your timer to the folder you wish it to go to.

my wife and i watch and record different programs at the same time in different rooms we are use to not seeing the others recordings because it can get confusing what dvr combo would i use in this case.

The others have suggested a Hopper 3 and folders which is a great suggestion but another option might be for two Hopper 2's, one for each of you. Hopper 2's have three tuners each so if three tuners is enough for each of you then that might work for you.

And :welcometo the forum.

How does the cost of one Hopper3 compare

Regular prices would be $15 for a Hopper 3 and $7 for a Joey 3 or $22. Two Hopper 2's would be $30 for a difference of $8 monthly.

But the upfront cost for a Hopper 3 might be more than two Hopper 2's.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Regular prices would be $15 for a Hopper 3 and $7 for a Joey 3 or $22. Two Hopper 2's would be $30 for a difference of $8 monthly.

But the upfront cost for a Hopper 3 might be more than two Hopper 2's.
Isn't new Customers still $12 for a Hopper?? Or is that history? Solidsignals has a Hopper 3 for $229 now

Reactions: TheKrell
Isn't new Customers still $12 for a Hopper?? Or is that history? Solidsignals has a Hopper 3 for $229 now

New customers are $5 for a Hopper Duo, $10 for a Hopper 1, 2 or 3 and $5 for a Joey. That's why I specified 'regular prices' which are higher at $10 for a Duo, $15 for a Hopper 1, 2 or 3 and $7 for a Joey. I didn't know if the OP was an existing customer or not.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)