Rename Recordings

pitbull2

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 13, 2004
I saw a few posts on this subject but none recently so I will ask again: Is there ANY chance that the Hopper will ever allow the user to rename recordings (like my old 722 receiver)? I keep some sports on my DVR and I used to rename them with the date in the name for easy sorting. Without the option to rename, the recordings are all over the place in the grid layout.

Only thing I would suggest is make a folder called Sports then put your sports stuff in there. Then it should allow you to sort by date or name. At least it gets them out of the layout where all your other recordings are. Not ideal like you want but an option as I really doubt they will allow the rename in the future.

I saw a few posts on this subject but none recently so I will ask again: Is there ANY chance that the Hopper will ever allow the user to rename recordings (like my old 722 receiver)? I keep some sports on my DVR and I used to rename them with the date in the name for easy sorting. Without the option to rename, the recordings are all over the place in the grid layout.
That would be very nice but at this point we'd only be taking educated guesses..... heavy sigh.......

Reactions: navychop

Why not just sort the grid by recording date?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not just sort the grid by recording date?

Because sometimes I record a replay of the events and the recoding date is not always the date that the event took place.

The folder suggestion is good but I keep my sporting events (among other things) on an external hard drive and, as far as I know, it is still not possible to have folders on an external hard drive.

Because sometimes I record a replay of the events and the recoding date is not always the date that the event took place.

The folder suggestion is good but I keep my sporting events (among other things) on an external hard drive and, as far as I know, it is still not possible to have folders on an external hard drive.
EHD folders are definitely not an option (at least not yet).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)