Renaming a recorded file with the remote

madmadworld

Official TV Watcher
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 7, 2006
up on the roof in SinCity
This was a beef i had with this box and never read of away to do it.(stopped reading over a month ago tired of it) and seen asked a few times. and all the while it was right here.

Renaming a recorded file with the remote

for us who do not want to play on the computer with the azbox a way to rename the recorded files with the remote.

Home
FTP
EXIT
OK
recordefile
OK
SCROLL TO the FILE up was easier for me
MENU
RENAME
THEN CHOOSE the letters you want DO NOT REMOVE THE .ts at the end the file could get lost if the .ts is removed can't find one but don't care
DO NOT MESS WITH THE OTHER FILES IN THERE (unless you know what you are doing)

edit:
it worked for me
but use at your own risk

Last edited:
made a edit
someone said it might mess up other file(edits and such)
worked for me

this
Once you rename the ts,you lose the information like eit,maybe file lenght,and other stuff ( the file name is also into some of this files),and this may cripple some player functions

Here is another method, one which will not interfere with any other file that is a part of the recording.

If you know that you are going to record a program - at least a few minutes ahead of time. Press the MENU button on the remote and scroll down to Reserved Record/Play and select it. This will open a menu to record - in the future - a program. Select the channel, and the days (one or more) that you want to record and the time and duration, etc... At the very bottom line you have the option to NAME the program before it is ever started recording.

Works good, but if you have a program that you just tuned into and have to get it started recording right away, then you may not wish to dabble with the time to enter all this information to set it up.

However, it is another option that you can use.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)