Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Quicky question for the Coolsat owners

Just took the new toy out of the box, the Coolsat 5000 (yes review coming soon) :) and one thing I noticed is a satellite is missing from the list.

So there is like 20 blank ones you can use...but they all say 0.0W ------, whereas G10 says 123W Galaxy10R

I know how to rename the satellite, but how do I rename the direction part so it doesn't say 0.0W AMC9...didnt know if the 4000 was the same as the 5000 from that standpoint

"Welcome to the FTA area, Iceberg. Although I don't have a Coolsat, someone here with one should be able to help you out"

Attachments

8.2 KB · Views: 37
I believe you can set that via the receiver by selecting USALS and setting the angular position. The 1.3 firmware did that angle in the name deal too.

Aside from that you could do it in NDFEdit.

This is from memory. Me and the Coolsat have parted ways :(. I'm looking forward to your review.

Shawn

Shawn95GT said:
I believe you can set that via the receiver by selecting USALS and setting the angular position.
oh crap forgot it can do USALS....I'll have to see if that works

This is from memory. Me and the Coolsat have parted ways :(. I'm looking forward to your review.
me & my Coolsat 4000 parted ways too...went to another member..

I'm already starting to like this 5000....:D

I will be looking forward to that review as well! I'd like to pick one up in the near future if I'm able. By the way if anyone is upgrading and will be selling their Coolsat 4000's, look me up :) I am going to be setting up a small cable headend for the Rescue Mission that I work for, so I'll be needing a few receivers.

review should be up by Friday....just hooked it up tonight :)

Shawn that worked....move to USALS and enter satellite spot. I use 1.2 because, well I'm use to it and it stores the satellite spot :)

yeah it did..went to USALS and changed it to 83.0W then went to 1.2
When I completed moving the dish and saved, then it said 83.0 AMC9

Iceberg said:
yeah it did..went to USALS and changed it to 83.0W then went to 1.2
When I completed moving the dish and saved, then it said 83.0 AMC9

Sounds just like the Fortec Ultra Lifetime.

I noticed the unit has both coaxial & digital optical outputs :)
and it outputs AC-3 :D

Waiting by my PC for Ice's review of the Coolsat 5000. I'm soooo curious what he thinks of the new toy! Please say that the AC-3 outputs work with the rest of the PBS stations ... :)

sidekick said:
Waiting by my PC for Ice's review of the Coolsat 5000. I'm soooo curious what he thinks of the new toy! Please say that the AC-3 outputs work with the rest of the PBS stations ... :)
Yours doesn't? I had 'em all working on mine 4000 Pro before I sold it :D.

I'd be impressed if the 5000 decodes AC3 on-board and passes sound out the left/right connectors from an AC3 source, like the DBS receivers do.

Shawn

sidekick said:

They’ll be a slight delay with the review…family emergency last night. With the pending upgrade tomorrow, I’ll probably get it uploaded Sunday or Monday at latest

But I do know the unit does do AC-3 (need a receiver able to decode it) but it does work out of the box. I scanned in the PBS stations and had audio on my simple home theatre system : )

Shawn95GT said:
Yours doesn't? I had 'em all working on mine 4000 Pro before I sold it :D.

I'd be impressed if the 5000 decodes AC3 on-board and passes sound out the left/right connectors from an AC3 source, like the DBS receivers do.

Shawn

No, mine doesn't. I'm stuck with Montana PBS (which isn't that bad!). I just don't have the patience or the time to tweak settings, reload, yadda... yadda... yadda.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)