Renew contract

I agree up to a point. With that thought though I would not have my HD equipment and now international programming all for a minimal cost to me. Nothing is for sure, but if you are not planning on switching, nothing wrong with a two year contract to get great new equipment as needed. It's a balancing act, and what's important for some is not for others. Sometimes though it comes down to "I only live once" (That we know of .....) and why not enjoy new technology.

I started with a couple of 301 STBs. Could not imagine my current 2 Hoppers. I'm much better off with what I have today.

I'm guessing he would have switched the another provider that gave him the best deal. You saw what he posted, he seems to be very frugal.

When my brother in law calls into Comcast to get a better price, instead of him saying I want to cancel or I'll cancel if I don't get a better deal, he says I've been a longtime customer with you guys so what deal can you give me? If he says cancel then they'll say okay no problem.

50 off is a pretty good discount though. Most I've gotten is 15.00 off.

Infact I did cancel it and the CSR did process it, when I was about to hang up, the CSR said, let me see if I can do anything for you and she left and came back after few min and offered me this deal. I was planning on starting another account on someone else's name. Dish is the only one that carries lot of International programming, no one else has so many channel, not even Direct TV.

Now people who do not believe me and say no way, are pessimists, that why they happy with just $ 15 off. Be positive and see your life change,

I'm not a pessimist. I just prefer not bicker over price unless I know I'm getting ripped off. I will ask for a discount on my programming if I lose a favorite channel but other than that I do not take advantage of Dish too often. When I go to a local business I do not bicker on price. I appreciate the fact that they are offering me a service in my town and am willing to pay what they need to make a living. I look at it from a business point of view and feel it's only fair to pay for the services giving to me. I do not like to take advantage of people or businesses. (Mostly independent businesses, I don't feel this way with all larger corporations though.)

I suspect in some countries people haggle over everything. In American, we only have to haggle when buying cars and houses. If we don't, we get our clocks cleaned!

cause we used to negotiate on everything, even if we go to market to buy tomatoes we negotiate. Infact if you give me car for free, I will probably neg on that like throw in a service plan. I think most people from third world countries are like that and money savy. plus we come from a corrupt society and always think someone is out to get you.

To be honest I am a much tougher negotiator than most others. Yeah I had people from India and Pakistan try to get me to do extra work for free. Never happened.
I understand it is a cultural thing. No worries. I rather enjoyed the back and forth

Some items are meant to be haggled over since they have high margins, like furniture. In my business there are very thin margins and a lot of competition so haggling sucks. I had a customer in last week that wanted me to give them a deal on a microwave. The one they were looking at was $229.95 and they wanted a discount or to have it installed free. There is only about $50 margin in a cheap product like that, hard to discount it and remain profitable. Then if you increase the price in order to move on price the customer says you are too expensive because Sears has it cheaper.

I'm in the same boat. My contract is up in October and debating staying or going. I would like to upgrade to Hopper and possibly get some premium channels or a discount. Is it better to call or chat? Any other advice for a new member? Thanks all.

Infact I did cancel it and the CSR did process it, when I was about to hang up, the CSR said, let me see if I can do anything for you and she left and came back after few min and offered me this deal. I was planning on starting another account on someone else's name. Dish is the only one that carries lot of International programming, no one else has so many channel, not even Direct TV.

Now people who do not believe me and say no way, are pessimists, that why they happy with just $ 15 off. Be positive and see your life change,

That right there shows you are either not remembering right, or worse. CSRs cannot process cancellations. Period. Ever. There's a process, I know the process, and that's not it. :D

That right there shows you are either not remembering right, or worse. CSRs cannot process cancellations. Period. Ever. There's a process, I know the process, and that's not it. :D

Well, if he was cancelling, he probably was already speaking to a customer loyalty agent, or whatever it's called in Dish-speak other than a CSR.

Yeah, it's possible he used the general term of CSR when referring to the loyalty agent. When someone calls to cancel, aren't they by design sent to the loyalty dept whether they ask for it or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)