Renew contract

Sharifsm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2013
Charlotte
What's the best deal I can get if I renew my contract. They not giving free iPad for existing customer. Any recommendation what I can do or call.

Why are you trying to renew your contract? There is no contract once it is done unless you are upgrading equipment, in that case the upgrade price is the reward for a new contract.

Your best bet is to use an online CSR. Depending on what you qualify for you'll get free hoppers with sling and you can even ask for credits. The CSR will transfer you over to the loyalty department.

As Tampa stated, while not sure what the renew is for. If you are looking for equipment upgrade, I would PM DIRT

It sounds like he just wants to use renewing the contract as a negotiation tool. I guessing he thinks if he tells Dish that he'll renew a contract that Dish will offer him some special deals or discounts. It's worth a try, never hurts to ask.

yes, I spoke to Dish and since my contract was up, I called to cancel. they renewed.givng me $ 50 off for a year and one year of 3 premium package. I was paying $ 190, now I will pay $ 140.00. better than getting an ipad. To get such deals, u call loyalty, cancel your account and when you ready to hangup they bulge in. Not to forget 2 sling hoppers....

Last edited:
HEY!! You did not get renewed, they simply gave you a couple of carrots to shut you up and it worked.

The only way your committment gets renewed is for you to upgrade your hardware.

No amount of free programming or $10 off per month coupons will renew your contract.

After your 2 year committment for hardware upgrades expires you are on month to month status, which is a GOOD thing!

yes, I spoke to Dish and since my contract was up, I called to cancel. they renewed.givng me $ 50 off for a year and one year of 3 premium package. I was paying $ 190, now I will pay $ 140.00. better than getting an ipad. To get such deals, u call loyalty, cancel your account and when you ready to hangup they bulge in. Not to forget 2 sling hoppers....

LOL. I suspect the OP is weaving a pretty tall tale here. I would sincerely hope nobody gets the idea that you can get those kinds of discounts. $50 off per month is more than a new customer discount. Think about that...LOL.

I've handled thousands of cancels, and thousands of "saves" (when a person changes their mind). And I am laughing at this post.

I can't imagine any customer is worth giving up $50 a month just to keep them. Makes no sense and I call bull. I'm not saying he is lying I just think he misunderstood what the CSR told him. If not that, then the CSR lied to him.

I dunno, a paying customer of over $190/mo may be worth keeping at that steep discount. That's about the revenue of 2 average customers, so think of it as two customers with a $25 discount each.

ok, guys, first I am from India. We guys are known to get deals. Yes $ 50 per month credit for one year, 3 movie packges. 2 hoopers etc. Been a customer with them for 8 years, I have south asian package, and top american package and I buy lot of cricket packages from them, they can't afford to loose customers like us.

Well, you may have just set the record for getting a good deal out of Dish.

cause we used to negotiate on everything, even if we go to market to buy tomatoes we negotiate. Infact if you give me car for free, I will probably neg on that like throw in a service plan. I think most people from third world countries are like that and money savy. plus we come from a corrupt society and always think someone is out to get you.

Last edited:
cause we used to negotiate on everything, even if we go to market to buy tomatoes we negotiate. Infact if you give me car for free, I will probably neg on that like throw in a service plan. I think most people from third world countries are like that and money savy. plus we come from a corrupt society and always think someone is out to get you.

So, from my point of view, the worst customer EVER. LOL

Being a sales person myself I hate when people try to negotiate price. I know that some really enjoy it but I do not. I prefer to be behind the scenes more managing than actually dealing with customers most days.

What's the best deal I can get if I renew my contract. They not giving free iPad for existing customer. Any recommendation what I can do or call.

The best deal is to keep what you have and don't renew. That's called leverage. I've never had a contract( started 1997). When I need something I get it free of charge.
If I wanted to upgrade my Equipment, I would have to enter into a 2yr agreement. Screw the upgrade. I'm good with what I have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts