How to avoid a contract?

Mister B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
El Paso County Texas
Is the "Outdoor Plan" the only way to avoid a contract with DISH? I do not have a RV but have been offered a free dish and 211z. I am capable of setting up and pointing the dish myself. Also, is there an activation fee if not on one of the promotional plans? I just do not want to ever again be in a situation where I am in a contract and life throws a curve ball and I have to bail out.

Is the "Outdoor Plan" the only way to avoid a contract with DISH? I do not have a RV but have been offered a free dish and 211z. I am capable of setting up and pointing the dish myself. Also, is there an activation fee if not on one of the promotional plans? I just do not want to ever again be in a situation where I am in a contract and life throws a curve ball and I have to bail out.
If you Own your own receivers you can turn them on and off anytime you want through DISH. You don't have to have a contract if you don't want one as far as I know. I owned all my receivers when I had DISH for 25 years. (1997 - 2022) I only took the 2 year commitments to lock in the prices for those years.

Reactions: charlesrshell