reorganize channel line up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
i shure wish when dish network gets done playing musical satellites they reorganize channels by subject. does any one know when this should settle down?:confused: and do they actually have a master plan or just piecing the network together as they go along?

There have been rumblings that a realignment of some channels might happen, but I have not heard any more then that, so consider it just a rumor.

I would think that Dish should try to reorganize the channels too.

It would be nice if they would take Wgn at 239 and move it closer to the Tbs station at 139. OR at least mirror it so it can be available near the national superstations and near Tbs ast 139 too for folks who don't take a superstation channel. It is like an orphan there. I would think that the sports channels like Tennis , NBA etc should be moved closer to the other sports channels . THe womens channels like LIFETIME should be moved closer to the rest as well . Right now it is all by itself between Food and Comedy.

I would also like it if they could do the software that enables the hd version of the channels instead of the sd version on all channels like ESPN , STARZHD , SHowtime, HBo etc.

What do you mean Bob as far as realigning the HD channles? Are you talking about the Locals or the Nationals? And Why? (Just curious, I don't really have an opinion either way, but this is the first that I have heard of this).

Why not .....

Why not let the customer assign their own channel order? You could have a menu to assign a logical to physical channel number on the more advanced receivers. Tell the receiver that Discovery channel is no longer channel 182, and that the channel number is 101 or whatever you want. It moves the channel to that position in the program guide. Inside the receiver, it's still converting the information to display channel 182, but the receiver is displaying to the user their picked pseudo channel number. You could make it an option on a custom list. It would involve some software built around some kind of cross reference table.

You all back me that I had this idea first if Echostar actually uses this!!

Well they could add themes to the program guide. You can do this now with favorites, but this would be for the lazys

and Mike D, they are working on the thing you mentioned ;)

One alignment that they should do is with HD Locals via sat. IMO they should be right below the 9420 (TNTHD). Usually when I start browsing I start with the big networks and then into the sat HD lineup. Is this possible though cuz each city has their HD locals assigned to a specific number right?

here's an idea for HD locals. like they already have for SD but put another number in front like my local channel 7 is channel 7 in SD but HD would be 9907 or 307. i really like the idea of customers being able to reassign the channel numbering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts