repairing a 311 receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

catman60

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2009
michigan
i have a 311 receiver that doesn't turn on anymore. i have another 311 that does power up but it has $100 balance due to dish so i can't use it.just wondering if anyone has had one of these apart and tried to fix it.i thought maybe i could use parts from one to fix the other

Go for it !! If its power related and all you have to do is move the power supply over ... try it .. that's assuming the 311 you have isn't under dish control ... ie.. you own it ...

worst would be having to buy another el-cheap-o 311 ...

The 311 doesn't have a separate power supply, its all one big board. If you don't know what you are doing, don't even bother removing the cover.

i own both 311's.the one that doesn't work is a active sub. the one with the balance due was bought at a garage sale for $10 .i tried to activate it but dish wouldn't because of the balance due.the way it is neither one is any good so if i screwed things up trying to swap parts it wouldn't matter.i suppose swaping the big board would take the serial no's with it

yup ... sorry I thought maybe it was isolated on the board ... like the holes drilled through so you could notch it out, put insulation and standoffs in and then attach another .. but if its all one solid board.. you'd be stuck trying to solder parts..

if you still decide to play.. good luck. (if you're willing to pay shipping I've got one you can have PM me if interested)

There's little hope (and precious little value) in salvaging a 311. There's even less value in owning one as you've discovered.

If you subscribe to a qualifying package, I recommend that you contact DISH about getting a leased receiver to replace your active (but dead) 311.

Make sure you recycle the 311s appropriately.

yup ... sorry I thought maybe it was isolated on the board ... like the holes drilled through so you could notch it out, put insulation and standoffs in and then attach another .. but if its all one solid board.. you'd be stuck trying to solder parts..

if you still decide to play.. good luck. (if you're willing to pay shipping I've got one you can have PM me if interested)
tried to PM you but it doesn't show up as sent.maybe you could PM me

Get warranty then have them send one for free. Cheap fix to the problem.
HEY! its my old one.. let him take it! :p

it was about 16 bucks to ship .. warranty minimum 6 months, 36 bucks ... plus I found a brand new 5.3 remote at the very least could sell it for 5 or 10 on ebay and be even cheaper than a tech visit. :) and he should have it by monday just like dish.. ;)

Just my way of saying that both the receivers are devoid of value.
:) I know.. practically junk .. unless someone needs one. :) I was just making a joke (tie into the movie Office Space .. copier in the field) but at least now I don't have to worry about disposal :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)