Repeat problem with no audio/video from hopper3 to HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fharris770

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
Georgia
Long time hopper 3 & 3 joeys customer. Lately I have a problem restoring the audio and video feed (HDMI) from hopper 3 to attached HDTV (Sharp 1080P). Has historically worked fine, now every time I turn off TV and come back in two or three hours when I turn on the TV there is no video or audio. This problem has been going on for several months, but now seems worse than normal. If I reboot the hopper3 it restores picture and sound normally.
I called Dish Support a while back and they advised me I would need to push the "SAT" button and all would be well. That seemed to work for a while, but now the problem occurs every time I turn off the TV for an hour or more. Turning the TV off and back on multiple times sometimes restores the picture. Rebooting the Hopper3 also works, etc. etc.
Can anyone give me a solution to this problem??? I have a service plan, if it seems hopper related perhaps I should request a new unit, but then I would loose all my DVR programs I have not had time to watch.
No problem with joeys -- all three work as normal and all I have to do is turn on attached TV and joey almost immediately I have both video and sound.

Last edited:
Long time hopper 3 & 3 joeys customer. Lately I have a problem restoring the audio and video feed (HDMI) from hopper 3 to attached HDTV (Sharp 1080P). Has historically worked fine, now every time I turn off TV and come back in two or three hours when I turn on the TV there is no video or audio. This problem has been going on for several months, but now seems worse than normal. If I reboot the hopper3 it restores picture and sound normally.
I called Dish Support a while back and they advised me I would need to push the "SAT" button and all would be well. That seemed to work for a while, but now the problem occurs every time I turn off the TV for an hour or more. Turning the TV off and back on multiple times sometimes restores the picture. Rebooting the Hopper3 also works, etc. etc.
Can anyone give me a solution to this problem??? I have a service plan, if it seems hopper related perhaps I should request a new unit, but then I would loose all my DVR programs I have not had time to watch.
You can transfer your recordings to the new Receiver

Reactions: charlesrshell
No problem with joeys -- all three work as normal and all I have to do is turn on attached TV and joey almost immediately I have both video and sound.

You could try changing the HDMI control setting at Menu > Settings > Remote Control > Advanced > HDMI-CEC and see if that helps.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It's been awhile, but back when I use to sell Sharp TVs they would sometimes do funky things that an unplug/plug back in would fix it. Only TV I ever saw that needed this type fix, but you should try it.

Physically unplug the Sharp TV and plug it back in after 15 seconds. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)