Repeated credit card fraud - What can I do?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

CubsWin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 17, 2005
Bourbonnais, IL
This morning I received a call from my bank requesting me to confirm some suspicious charges, the first from Itunes and the second one being a very large denied charge at a glass shop in Maryland. My credit card company advised that they would reissue another card to me and I am not responsible for any unauthorized charges, but my larger concern is why this keeps happening to me.

This same card was already reissued once due to unauthorized charges about 6 months ago and then another different card (with the same bank) had to be reissued a few months after that. That means this is the 3rd incidence of credit card fraud that I have had within about 6 months.

I have not had any cards physically stolen. I do make a lot of purchases online, but I am very cautious about which sites I order from and always ensuring that they are secure. I have virus/malware protection running at all times and have not detected any viruses or malicious software on my PC's. What else can I do to prevent this from occuring? At this point, I'm starting to wonder if it even has anything to do with my actions or is there some type of number generator or guesser that people are using to just guess credit card numbers?

If anyone has any advice for me, I would really appreciate it. I am really starting to get concerned about having to continually gets cards issued to me and what impact that may have on my credit rating in the future.

Every time I have had a credit card lifted, it has been a waiter. Waiters take your card out of your sight and can "clone" it with a simple handheld divice.

I have plenty of credit cards, which I don't really use, just picked up over the years via airline miles and such. So I have one that I purposely have less than $1000 credit limit on, and use it for the restaurants.

Every time I have had a credit card lifted, it has been a waiter.
I can't remember ever using this particular card at a restaurant... if that was the case, they would have got my debit card instead.

This card has been used primarily for online purchases and occasional retail store purchases. I have Norton Security Suite running full-time and run occasional Malwarebytes scans too. Now I am getting paranoid to the point where I don't want to enter a credit card number on any site. I definitely won't ever enter my debit card number on any online form no matter how secure it might be.

May want to see if any of your mail has come up missing, if anybody else uses your computer, if you are on an unsecured wireless connection anywhere or who else you may have given specific information to along with that credit card that first got compromised.

The common denominator here is the BANK.

But we're seeing a lot more compromised cards at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)