Replace a 222k With two 211's?

jsq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Matamoras PA
I was hoping to replace my 222K, with two 211's now that the price of a dual receiver is the same as having two single mode receivers. It's pretty much a no brainer to have the HD on 3 tv's instead of two.
My setup now is a 722K, and the 222K. They both feed 2T.V's for a total of 4. My question is can I just plug in the 211's and get signal at both t.v's. that the 222k was feeding? I know it should work fine where my 222k was, but what about the second t.v. from that box that is being backfed? Will I need to switch some wires outside? I have a single dish system and on the eastern arc.

You will need a new line from the satellite dish to the 211 for the TV that was formerly backfed by the 222.

Can one of the lines be split? If not, do I need a new end (I think called LNB) on the dish itself, or is there a third place to hook a new line on the dish.

Can one of the lines be split? If not, do I need a new end (I think called LNB) on the dish itself, or is there a third place to hook a new line on the dish.

There are three output ports on the LNB assembly. You will need one cable from each of these ports to each receiver. You already have two cable runs, so you just need to add the third.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)