replace ku lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i will answer and say yes and no

the bcs621 is just a combination of two lnbf into one unit both of the lnbf's are for primefocus dishes. so you should be able to take the old ku lnbf off the bcs621 and add a norsat lnb but you would have to add a feedhorn to the lnb which might make it to bulky or impractical.

bulky & impractical the reason i say this is you would probably lose the area where the signal is correct for the reception of the ku signal. but i'm sure you can try i just don't think it would be cost effective or you would gain the desired signal strength. but that just me thinking.

is it possible to put a different ku lnb like a norsat ku in a bsc621. would it not improve the performance if its doable.

unlikely, if you change the feehorn it will not tune the same. Putting on a better lnbf likely won't match the internal feed characteristics simply because it has different physical elements.

it couldn't be much worse than the ku performance of the 621 the way it is. my 621 would blast on c band but sucked on ku. I could slap on a corotor II and watch ku boom in all day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)