Replace white plastic lnbf covers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

md_paul

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Maryland
Is there any place to find replacement white lnbf covers? My Hopper had been experiencing significant rain fade lately where we would completely lose signal from our Balitmore locals on 61.5. We are on EA with a 1000.4 dish. This partial signal loss problem would persist much longer than the end of the storm, and frequently until the middle of the next day. Yesterday afternoon, nearly 24 hours after the last rain storm, 61.5 was showing a signal strength between 10 and not locked, and 18 (barely locked), and my family was frustrated. I checked out the dish on the roof and noticed when I rocked the dish, I could see through the plastic cover on 61.5 that it was nearly full to the top with water sloshing around when I rocked the dish. I noticed the cover was cracked at the top. I tried to pull the cover off with my hand and found it was very brittle like weather worn plastic. A small piece broke off in my hand at the top where the crack had been. I pressed on the front of the cover near the bottom, and with little effort, the plastic cracked letting out what seemed like a full drinking glass water. The signal strength nearly immediately jumped to the mid 50's and solid green. I know that if I sign up for the $8/month service plan for 6 months (or whatever the minimum currently is), dish will replace it for 'free'. However, I usually save the service plan for when I have a receiver problem. It seems like this plastic part should cost less than $8 (or $48 dollars if you count the 6 months of the plan).

Any ideas?

Can't buy those. Likely its damaged due to the water. Buy a new one or get dish to send a replacement
I agree mostly, but dish does not send replacement dish parts. They do send a technician for those, so it is either buy a new one from a retailer, 3rd party site or have a tech install them. Or, if you have many complexes located nearby, do what I did and scrap their satellites for them. Sometimes they pay if an overly large number of PREVIOUS TENANTS left the dish behind and they just need them gone. That will get you new dishes, new satellite antennas, new LnB, and new caps.

Reactions: TheKrell
I need 1000.4 EA (satellites 61.5,72,&77). I found them on Amazon fairly cheap too. A little more than $20 and listed aa new. I may buy one and keep it until when the corrosion from the water having been inside my current one takes its toll. Right now, the water logged one is working fine, and with the crack I made in the bottom, water now drains out instead of filling up.

Looks like $22.00 including shipping for that model on eBay. I had read where people who had a crack on the top would try to seal the crack and drill a hole in the bottom so the water would also drain out. As long as your water keeps draining, you should be alright for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)