Replacement 119 LNB for a Superdish.

Tech

Original poster
May 18, 2005
Does someone know of a source for an replacement 119 LNB for a Superdish? What is the replacement part description?

A buddy of mine just bought a house that has a Superdish installed in the backyard. The wiring has already been run throughout the house, so for convenience, he was wanting to just use DISH. The LNBs were taken, (either stolen, or taken by the previous owners), but the switch is still there. Basically, I need to know what replacement LNB to purchase for use with the Superdish. He is not going to be getting the locals here. It is a Superdish 105 setup by the way. He only wants to get 119 and 110. I believe he has a hand-me-down reciever also. It looks like it is from the 2800-3900 family, so I am assuming that this cannot be used with the DishPro hardware. Thanks for the input guys.

There's a small chance you'd be able to bolt a 119/110 head on there, but pointing it would be a real pain in the butt I'm sure *warning: I am gonna get flamed like a BBQ for even daring to suggest that one!*

SimpleSimon said:
Based on what you say, he's better off picking up a cheap Dish 500 with a Legacy Twin.

It would have to be DIshPro, since he is using a genuine Superdish...not a Hillbilly version :D

Iceberg said:
It would have to be DIshPro, since he is using a genuine Superdish...not a Hillbilly version :D

:yes What's a hillbilly superdish? :D

I have a feeling it involves a ~1m dish, but is there a 'legacy' version of that funky feedhorn/LNB setup? :eek:

Just when I figured that one out (I saw your post about that and seeing the superdish channel long ago), sounds like a fun way to waste an FTA setup. *now lets the thread go back to its normal stuff*

Is the bracket on the superdish that different though? *wonders how odd that big thing would look with a puny dual LNB setup going*

My hillbilly SuperDish is a Dish500 with a Channel Master 1 Meter dish pointed at 105 using a Primestar Dual (H&V) lnb feeding an SW64 switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts