Replacement 722 Means Lost External HD Recordings?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gws

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
CA
About a month ago, our VIP 722 receiver had to be replaced. Today, I connected the external HD, which had a large number of recorded programs, to the new receiver for the first time. I got Warning 866, which said that an external HD could only be used with one receiver, and that I would have to delete everything on it to use it with the new receiver. This did not seem correct, so I called Dish. The rep I talked with said that the old receiver
had been refurbished and sent to another customer. Thus, it looks like I am trying to use an external device that belongs to a different account. He said that I must delete all of the recordings because I waited too long to connect the external drive to the new receiver.

Is this correct? If so, why was I not told this when I talked to the rep who set up the replacement?

I would have thought that they would have transferred the authorization to the new receiver when you activated it, but I don't know for sure. I've never waited a month to plug in an EHD to a new receiver.

The EHD is associated with the account, not the receiver. Have them send a hit, including the EHD to your new 722... As an example, I had my EHD connected to my 722 and now have moved it to 3 different Hoppers, all on the same account. It has continued to work flawlessly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)