Replacement Equipment.. Do they Lock you in to a NEW 2 Year Contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

heyyofan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 15, 2015
saint louis, mo
I am wondering because of ALL the comments on DTV facebook page saying they were locked in to a NEW 2 Year Contract for having their Defective Equipment Replaced..

Is This TRUE ?
IF So is there anything people can do to not Be Locked in for ANOTHER 2 Years??

I am wondering because of ALL the comments on DTV facebook page saying they were locked in to a NEW 2 Year Contract for having their Defective Equipment Replaced..

Is This TRUE ?
I have had at least two receivers returned for various reasons over our ten-plus year relationship with DirecTV. Such replacements never entailed a renewed contract.

In fact, when those situations come up, because I'm anal-lytical, not only do I ask them about any and all fees involved, but I also take my own notes for each such call.

The worst that happens is that you might pay for shipping (and even that can be negotiated, depending on situation) and/or you have no choice in the exact model or color of replacement.

The only way you create a new contractual period is if you add or upgrade receivers on your account. And if that's not trusted, all you have to do is ask DirecTV.

Yes, find out if you're under contract. I found out today that I was put under 2 yrs. contract after they replaced a failed HR34 with an HR44.

Is This TRUE ?
as noted above if replaced with same family of equipment, then NO
if you upgrade, then YES

I had 2 receivers replaced when I had Directv and neither time was I socked with an agreement.
When I upgraded to the (at the time new) HR34 then I was

Replacing faulty equipment does NOT lock you into a new contract. But CSRs often make mistakes, so when you get a replacement always check with the access card group to make sure your contract has not been extended.

I tried RVU and didn't like it. I think the HD PQ on the box is better. I had it deactivated. Would you still have the 2 year contract? Not that I would cancel DTV just curious about that.

Just call the main number and ask for the access card group.....

When we service swap a receiver the system requires us to get a signature for the lease agreement. This is for the continuing agreement the receiver we are installing is leased and not owned. When performing a service swap it does not create a new contract.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts