Replacement/Fix of 622 with a bad HDMI port

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
A friend of mine owns a 622. He recently bought a new 1080p LCD so he switched from component to HDMI. Lo and behold the HDMI on the 622 does not work.

He has the Dish Home Protection Plan.

The question is, how does Dish Network handle an issue like this?
Do they send out a tech to look at it?
Do they have him send the receiver in, work on it and send it back?
Do they send a replacement and then have him send the bad one in?

A friend of mine owns a 622. He recently bought a new 1080p LCD so he switched from component to HDMI. Lo and behold the HDMI on the 622 does not work.

He has the Dish Home Protection Plan.

The question is, how does Dish Network handle an issue like this?
Do they send out a tech to look at it?
Do they have him send the receiver in, work on it and send it back?
Do they send a replacement and then have him send the bad one in?

I had my HDMI die on my 622, & I called tech support & they sent me a replacement to swap mine & an RMA w/ shipper to send the defective one back...

Yeah they will send him out a replacement, with a prepaid slip to send the old one back.

I had my HDMI die on my 622, & I called tech support & they sent me a replacement to swap mine & an RMA w/ shipper to send the defective one back...
cool, thanks. That's what he was hoping.
If he's extremely lucky, maybe he'll get a 722.

Same process here- but I sprang a few bucks for an upgrade to the ViP722.

$75
More than that for some, but you can probably dicker with them to cut it down.

$75
More than that for some, but you can probably dicker with them to cut it down.
I wonder if that works when you own the 622? My flakey 622 was purchased shortly after they were introduced. I do have the home protection plan or whatever it is called.

That's what I figured you would say. I guess I'll find out if it will work for me with a purchased one when the HDMI link finally quits. I don't want to purchase another one and don't want to convert a purchase to a lease.:rolleyes:
Typically when the HDMI port quit working on the 622 it was because it was starting to pull away from the circuit board it is soldered to. Opening up the case and resoldering the jack usually fixes the problem. On refurb 622's there is a new brace with a screw just above the jack to keep the hdmi cable from popping the jack loose by hanging down and pulling the jack up.