Replacement HWS is acting up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Now you really just need two(unless you have Spanish programming). I would pm dirt for a tech. 61.5 and 72.7 is all that is necessary

Now the replacement is freezing, stuttering and pixelating. It's doing it mostly on recorded and buffered shows.
Those are the same symptoms I had with a replacement HWS. It worked OK for 16 days and began to stutter, pixelate, and freeze, sometimes to the point where I had to pull the power cord. No problems with live TV, unless I tried to skip backwards or forwards. I requested a second replacement, which has run fine for 17 days. The first replacement had a Seagate HDD, but the second has Western Digital. On the second replacement I also raised the legs about 3/8" and set it on a laptop cooler, both of which allow it to run much cooler.

Don't rule out a bad HDD, even though you appear to be having other problems. You should definitely pop the top and see what HDD you have. If it's a Seagate, you should ask for another HWS. Too many folks have had bad experiences with the Seagate drives.

77 is mainly for Spanish channels now. There are a couple DMAs that I think are on 77, and other members will know better than I, or you could look at the list, but most installations are now only getting 72.7 and 61.5.

You mean re-peaking to just two satellites? What about 77?
Go here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php, check the box for the 77º satellite, then click Generate. It looks like all of the channels are the SD equivalents of channels you likely get from 61.5º or 72º already. Presuming your locals are from Birmingham, those come from 61.5º.

but most installations are now only getting 72.7 and 61.5.
What happens when there is poor reception (cloud cover, rain, etc) on the HD channel and the receiver auto-switches to the SD channel ?

Go here, http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php, check the box for the 77º satellite, then click Generate. It looks like all of the channels are the SD equivalents of channels you likely get from 61.5º or 72º already. Presuming your locals are from Birmingham, those come from 61.5º.

What happens when there is poor reception (cloud cover, rain, etc) on the HD channel and the receiver auto-switches to the SD channel ?

Yes my locals are from Birmingham.

It usually does not switch. I just loose the signal.

It usually does not switch. I just loose the signal.
Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal (nor does it happen very often). If you already lose signal, you're not really going to miss anything by sacrificing strength on 72º to increase 61.5º/77º.

You'd have to ask someone on eastern arc about that when it happens. I'm on WA

UPDATE! Dish tech replaced my HWS today. It's working great. I think it may be a new one. It still has the plastic protection on the front the receiver. I took advantage to the service call and upgraded my Joey to a Super Joey. I have been running out of tuners and getting conflicts on timers. The tech looked at the dish and tried to re-peak it but said it was the best it could be. He would not try to aim at just two satellites saying it would do no good. He did say that if I continue to have rain fade to call back and they would send out a tech to re-position the dish to another spot on the house or put it on a pole to see it this would fix the rain fade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)