Replacement Joey and Remote won't link

steff3

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Sacramento area Calif
I just received a replacement Joey for issues I was having. I disconnected current Joey and connected replacement Joey, powering up last. Everything seemed to go as it should EXCEPT the first step which links the remote. Now the software has finished and is back to live TV but I can not operate from the remote and nothing I do seems to work. I asked DIRT but no response as yet....anyone have any suggestions?

Found this on https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3144

To unlink a remote:

1. Press and hold the SAT mode button until all mode buttons light up.
2. Press and hold the RECALL and 0 (System Wizard) buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.
3. Press the SEARCH button.
4. Press the VOL + button.
5. Press the STOP button, then wait 5 seconds. (If deprogramming is successful, 3 descending tones will be heard from the remote).

Now it should link to the new Joey normally.

Is there a particular procedure I should be doing to link? I can put the remote right next to the joey and still nothing.

Standard procedure is to press sys info button on Hopper or Joey and then press and hold the SAT button on remote.

Ahhh!!! Perfect, thanks!!! I am very thick headed sometimes, the wife will vouch for that, lol. Everything is working as it should now. Thank you so much for the help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)