Replacement Remote For Original Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Three or four of my remote's DVR button contacts are so badly worn, when I depress them I get no response. Someone gave me what appears to be the exact same remote but I don't know how to make it work. On the back it says:
40.0 UHF 2G, FCC ID: MG3-2015 Echostar 186228 which mirrors the remote that came with my Hopper.

With a fresh set of batteries the remote lights flash but my Hopper does not respond to any button I press. Can anyone advise me what I can do to get this remote working with my Hopper? Thanks

Program Remote to Receiver
  1. Press the SYSTEM INFO button on the front panel of your receiver.
  2. Press the SAT button on the remote.
  3. Press the CANCEL button (If the system info does not clear from the screen, manually deprogram the remote then repeat steps 1-3)

Programming a Hopper Receiver

Customers with a Hopper/Joey/922 satellite receiver should press the “System Info” button on the front panel of the receiver. The television will display the “System Info” screen. Press the “Sat” button on the upper left of the remote control. The button will illuminate and the control will emit several beeps. Push the “Cancel” Button on the center right of the remote. The “System Info” screen will disappear. Press the “Guide” button to reveal the programming guide menu screen.

Reactions: dangerousdave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts