Replacement TV2 remote, can't program TV functions

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
The TV2 remote for our 622 hasn't been working well so I called tech support and they sent a new one. The new one is # 148786; old one is # 143037.

The original installer programmed it to control the TV though I don't know if he used a device code or simply scanned. So, I go through the steps of programming it using the device codes for a Toshiba TV and NONE work. Well, one does turn the TV off but not back on, nor any other functions.

I then tried scanning and again, one code works (probably same as above) at turning the TV off but not back on. So I kept going..... Eventually the TV mode light flashed (8) times. That means it's tried ALL of the codes.

What can I do ? What's the difference in the remotes I've got ?

do auto scan slower and make sure the bataries inserted properly. some times the light will work even if you put battery back words

I did it pretty slow but will try again.... I'm sure the batteries are in right. It operates the receiver fine.

Luckily the manual that came with the replacement remote told how to determine the code being used, so I did it on the old one: 744

Good thing I did that because it wasn't one of the Toshiba TV codes. Still not sure why auto-scan didn't work though.

On some tv's you need to go real slow, as you'll get it off, but your trigger finger (or thumb) already hit it again by the time the tv actually responds. Yeah TV and all lights followed by # # works wonders ;)

HD Samsungs along with a few others I never cared for just because of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts