replacements when "moved"

stretch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Thought I'd check here for everyone’s experiences. need to replace remote via the warranty .... but I'm "moved".

Is it better to call and move back; call again to replace equipment; then move back? Or will they ship replacement to the billing address?

and if they say they will, will they really, or will they send it to the service address anyway. which isn't real.

holy crap

wow those are cheap. i never thought to look.

so what's the deal with the color coded key at the bottom of the remote? does it actually do anything or is it simply a label in case you have multiple receivers.

Sorta, they're made for dual tuner receivers, usually TV1 is IR, but TV2 is RF or IR, and the little key moves a switch that chooses which one.

The IR remotes are different than the RF ones, so don't get to thinking you can "force the tag out and flip it", because it's just a piece of plastic shoved in so that the 2 remotes match design wise :) There isn't even a switch, and you don't actually need that "key" anyway to switch modes, lol.

That said, yeah, it's really just for RF remotes that way people can switch it from RF to IR mode, perhaps if they're using it with a receiver that doesn't support RF?

Have them send it to your billing address. I've done that a couple of times before with no problem.

Have them send it to your billing address. I've done that a couple of times before with no problem.

Ditto . I've had several replacement receivers and lnbs sent to my billing address with no problems over the last 4 years. Just make sure you SPECIFY that they send it to your billing address . I always tell them that my service address is an apartment and that no one will be there to sign for the box during the day and that at my billing address I have someone there all the time to receive the replacement.

ok thanks for the replies, I'd like to be clear on this before I hit ebay.

I have a 510 with a UHF remote that has a black chip inserted at the bottom. the matching remotes I see on ebay are mostly blue chipped (I don’t see any black) and are listed as being for the 522. But they are visually the same remote (except for the chip color).

will those work with my 510, or am I missing a technical fact?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)