Replacing 301 with a used 811

Rpark02

Original poster
May 30, 2009
KY
I am new at the satellite world so please go easy on me if I ask some basic questions. Currently we are using a 2 - 301 receivers, have a dp34 switch. We only see 1 satellite - 119. Trying to replace 1 of the 301 receivers with a 811. When I plug it in it goes thru the searching for satellite screen and then comes up looking for video 1 or video 2 input, also the satellite light on the receiver is not lit. Don't get any channels. Looking for suggestions. Also some basic education - do you need to see all the satelllites?

Why are you replacing a 301 with an older receiver? Why are you using a DP34 when the system will handle 2 receivers with out it? What is the source of the 811? Your description sounds like a defective receiver.

Want to try to get SD to new TV and use the OTA feature of 811. Don't know why the dp34 is there, it was installed on our housboat already along with the dish. A friend of mine gave it to me...they went to cable. The receiver was working when they took it out of service.

Answering to your question - no, you don't need to have all sats.

Could you post screen-shot of switch matrix of the 811 ? In case if you forgot - you must pass the switch check window first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)