replacing 522 with 622

johns111

Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I have 3 tv's 2 HD 1 SD, currently I have the both hd sets hooked up to the vip622, the 2nd tv is upstairs feed with the sd out put from the vip622.
I have a 522 in another room.
I want to connect a new vip622 to the HD set upstairs and send back the 522 in the other room.
Then I want to run the set that currently has the 522 hooked up from the new 622 I'm putting on the 2nd hd set upstairs. Leaving the main hd set all by it's self :).

What I need to know is- how do I trace the sat signal at the junction box in the garage (newer home- prewired) and reconnect the cable feeds to the appropriate sets with the config above? There are 4 diplexers in the house now running the current set up. I suppose I could call a tech and pay $100 but figured I could rearrange some wires and save some $$.

Thanks!

I have 3 tv's 2 HD 1 SD, currently I have the both hd sets hooked up to the vip622, the 2nd tv is upstairs feed with the sd out put from the vip622.
I have a 522 in another room.
I want to connect a new vip622 to the HD set upstairs and send back the 522 in the other room.
Then I want to run the set that currently has the 522 hooked up from the new 622 I'm putting on the 2nd hd set upstairs. Leaving the main hd set all by it's self :).

What I need to know is- how do I trace the sat signal at the junction box in the garage (newer home- prewired) and reconnect the cable feeds to the appropriate sets with the config above? There are 4 diplexers in the house now running the current set up. I suppose I could call a tech and pay $100 but figured I could rearrange some wires and save some $$.

Thanks!

Pretty simple to do what your asking. Disconnect the line the 522 is on in the central box and remove the 522 box along with the diplexer. Connect the line from the wall to the tv2 as this will be tv2. Now take the line you disconnected and reconnect it on the diplexer on the VHF/UHF port.

Hookup the new 622 using the diplexer setup you took off the 522. In the central box find the line that goes to the 622. This line will hook to the in/out port on the diplexer you disconnected the 522 line from.

Run check switch, set your tv2 modulation and thats it.

what about the diplexer on the current 622? that is feeding the current tv2 line that will be connected to the new 622. do I need to do anything with the current 622?
thanks again.

disconnect the tv2 backfeed from that diplexer and hook it to the other diplexer for the new 622. So you still will have 3 tv's total? 2 HD and 1 SD?

yep 3 tv's total. 2 hd running on 622's - 1 sd running on feed from the new 622.

Is the best way to check what line goes were is to just disco it from the splitter in the junc box and go check the tv to see if it is snowy? I don't think I need to get a line toner... right?

there is a 4th future feed going to another room that does not have a tv currently, will that need to be re-connected now? or does it matter..

You can connect the forth feed or not, does not matter. Tv2 output will go on whichever diplexer you choose for which 622. Put it on the vhf/uhf port.

Yeah just disconnect the line from the diplexor to the 622 or 522 and that will tell you which is which. It will try to acquire signal if not hookup. It really doesnt matter as they are both hooked up the same, you just can choose which one will feed tv2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts