Replacing a surround DVD

Camplate

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 28, 2004
My DVD player won't play DVD. I'd like to replace it, but don't need the speakers. Any surround DVDs that are sold as stand alone?

I mean a base DVD player that is also an amplifier, has five speaker and subwoofer output.

Just start over and go with seperate components. That way if something dies, you don't have to replace everything.

Initially it may cost a bit more, but that way if the DVD player dies, you can get another DVD player for $39-$200 and not have to re-buy the surround system too.

Same reason I won't buy an all-in-one scanner-fax-printer or a DVD-VCR combo or a DVD-TV combo.

Your only other option at this point is to contact the manufacturer and see if they can RMA it or fix it and send it back.

Combo's have their place, but as you have found out, when one part of the whole goes bad, you are stuck.

Good Receivers with surround are not that hard to find... Try Radio Shack for starters... Even Wally world has decent Receivers...and the dvd players to go with...my $39 cyberhome dvd player will play discs my lot more expensive players won't...

Ah. I think I see what I was missing. I have a pretty darn good stereo but it does not have surround. I got the DVD with surround and the extra speakers and it crapped out; after warrenty of course. Everything but the cd/dvd works. Heck, I could replace the unit's mechanism if I could buy it.

But the better idea is to replace the stereo. Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)