Replacing Dish 500 with 1000.4 WA

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
The Dish 500 is mounted on a mast set in concrete. Will the 1000.4 mount fit on the same mast that the 500 is currently setting on? I see mentions of bracing the dish on the forums.

Thanks.

J.Vo

Yes it will fit like you said you might need to put some kind of struts on it just because the older masts where not made for that big dish but it should be fine with out any support

Thank you for responding.

The mast I am using for the 500 is not the one included with the antenna. It is a galvanized fence post that is about 5 feet off the ground.

J.Vo

If you can, cut it down a little shorter. The WA dish is much less picky than the EA, but is still more susceptible to winds. Mostly depends on where you are, but I've seen them blow over. (It wasn't my install...)

My eastern arc dish that I installed myself is on a fence pole and no struts. It has worked fine for over 3 years ,except for when I removed it during Hurricane Ike. I didn't want to have to replace it like I did my dish 500 back in 05 during Hurricane Rita. That hurricane crushed my dish 500 into a C, but it was still on the fence pole. I get signals in the 60s on the 72.7 sat /45- 55 on 77 sat/50 - 70 on 61.5 sat.

MikeD-C05 said:
My eastern arc dish that I installed myself is on a fence pole and no struts. It has worked fine for over 3 years ,except for when I removed it during Hurricane Ike. I didn't want to have to replace it like I did my dish 500 back in 05 during Hurricane Rita. That hurricane crushed my dish 500 into a C, but it was still on the fence pole. I get signals in the 60s on the 72.7 sat /45- 55 on 77 sat/50 - 70 on 61.5 sat.

I find it hard to believe you would have hurricane fade, but if you thought it was your best interest to take it down :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)