new 500 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gwdave

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2011
CT
Received my new dish from "Best way Satellite" put it all together. Then set it up in my drive to aim it. Found that the meter that came with it was no good, went to full scale, and no matter where I turned it it was locked at full scale. I have a wingard meter, that I thought I had fried well it works great, aimed the dish, moved it to a new location, then reset it up again. Tomorrow, I will remove the box from the back room set the dish up again then hook it up to see what happens.... Will keep you posted, if this works I will be one happy camper, well actually my wife will be a happy camper. She will be able to watch her shows at night when we are at camp.......
Dave
CT........

Well as I said yesterday, I would keep you posted..... Today, I set the dish up did my aiming thing. I used a compass to get the azimuth, I place a stick on the ground to give me the direction for aiming. I then found that with the box plugged in, I could get the 18V to the meter for power.... I got the highest signal I could get, then took the meter out, connected the cables together. When I turned the box on, it went threw the checking thing asking me if I wanted to save the information it had because it was different from what was already established in the house. I was very nervous however I clicked on yes. It went threw the rest of it's testing then I had a picture on screen. The whole process took about 15 minutes to set the dish up. I have to say that I don't get any of the local channels however while camping I don't really care, I get all the major networks, along with a bunch of other stuff......
Well guys thanks for listening.....
GWDave........

I think the reason I am not getting the local channels is because they are on a different satellite then 119. The dish I have on the house is pointed at 61.5, 72, and 77, and is a HD PRO dish. It says 500 in the menu however it is not pointed at the same location. When I set up my new dish at the house to see if I could get it to work, I was surprised that the dish is pointed almost at the horizon, and at 247 azimuth, 26deg elevation. The house is pointed more towards the south. To say that I was scared when the program asked me if I really wanted to save my new location angles. I did not have a clue what to expect once I moved the box back into the house.... It however went threw the setup, and changed right over with no problems.... Dish told me that I am supposed to send a copy of my registration so they know one of my boxes is on the road????? Not sure what that is all about, unless the box talks to the main store to let them know one of my boxes is not at the zip code it is supposed to be at..........

GWDave

You must have said something to dish about moving the box because theres really no way for them to know where its at unless its hooked to phone or broadband be careful they might try telling you that your bill will go up or some crazy stuff like that or they will tell you that you have to purchase the box if you dont already own it

You need to have a talk with someone. What I got from MATT whom is on this forum, he stated the same information that I got from the main office..... what it amounts to is you cannot have a box floating around, another words go to your sons house install the dish, and box so they/he can have satellite programing as this is illegal.. However RV's have a bit of an exception so they allow it... I guess they figure that if you are camping there won't be anyone home to use your setup at home...... That is the case at my house as the Wife, and I go together when it comes time to camp.... We sometimes take the Grand kids along also. My reasons for going this way as this spring they came out with the RV on the go program where you could pay as you go without a contract for RV's.... I called the main Dish network Office, and was told to get a dish, then take a box from the house.... Your question above made me send a message to MATT for a definitive answer...........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)