Replacing roof and dish alignment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jwhayn

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Missouri
My house will be reroofed in a couple of weeks. The roofers will temporarily remove the roof mounted Dish 1000+ (110 to 129 coverage). They will then remount it with the obvious warning that it need to be realigned.

Based on your experiences, should I schedule that through Dish or through a local installer? Do I even have that option?

I had my roof redone completely a couple years ago. Realigning the dish was not a covered service call. I would have had to pay for it. The roofers remounted the dishes in their previous locations, but were not responsible for repointing them accurately. I ended up repointing them myself. It wasn't hard at all. The roofers actually had them pretty darn close.

My house will be reroofed in a couple of weeks. The roofers will temporarily remove the roof mounted Dish 1000+ (110 to 129 coverage). They will then remount it with the obvious warning that it need to be realigned.

Based on your experiences, should I schedule that through Dish or through a local installer? Do I even have that option?
Based on my experience, if I could reach it safely, I would do it myself. The roofers can put it back exactly where it was if they try. It may be a fraction of an inch higher because of the thickness of the new shingles, but with it locked in place you can tell which way it needs to be moved by slightly forcing it to the left and right for skew and up and down for elevation. I had a roof replaced and they set it exactly where it was and I did not have to make any adjustment.

I am not going up on that roof at my age! I was airborne in the Army back in the Viet Nam days but I was young and foolish (and had a parachute).

I am having much thicker shingles applied -- the roofing contractor told me that the alignment would be affected by that.

I know that I will have to pay for the service call. So do I have to call Dish directly?

Make a nice pretty flower bed in your front yard and plant the dish in the middle of it :) Much easier to aim this way! And your neighbors can't complain because it's a big grey sunflower!

LOL J/k. Good luck :)

roofers regularly tell customers that they will put the dish "exactly" back where it was.
sure they can get it close but, it needs to be "exactly" aimed. not just close.

just a note: Ive seen many dishes that the roofers "put bacK' that were not properly mounted (using roofing tacks in the mast foot instead of lag bolts into the rafters for example). beware.

I suppose, technically you can call dish and tell them you just lost the signal. If you dont mention the roofing or whatnot they would have to send someone to fix their work (i assume u have dhpp).

I suppose, technically you can call dish and tell them you just lost the signal. If you dont mention the roofing or whatnot they would have to send someone to fix their work (i assume u have dhpp).

as an installer: grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)