Replaying songs on car radio

PasTypique

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 9, 2016
Michigan
I recently purchased a 2021 Cadillac XT5 and have the three-month preview of SiriusXM on the car's radio. While playing with the controls, I noticed that I can actually go back in time and play songs that have already played. It appears to start "recording" from the time I start the vehicle. On a long car ride (30 minutes) it seemed like I could go back for at least seven or eight songs. But the bigger surprise is that this appears to work for channels that I have in my favorites but haven't been listening to. I can tune to another channel and skip backwards to see what I missed. This is totally unexpected and I'm wondering how it works. Is the radio "recording" the entire satellite data stream? If so, for how long? I've never seen this feature before and I have to say I really like it. It may cause me to subscribe again.

Hi just got a new Honda CR-V Hybrid EX-L AWD this weekend and mine goes back 60 minutes, plus you can set up to 4 channels as one preset and it makes a mix of those 4 channels playing a random song from each at random.

Plus any music channel I tune to it always starts the song at the start of the song. (You can turn this off it you want to listen to “live” radio but I don’t think most people will notice the programming is off a minute or two.

They have come a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hi just got a new Honda CR-V Hybrid EX-L AWD this weekend and mine goes back 60 minutes, plus you can set up to 4 channels as one preset and it makes a mix of those 4 channels playing a random song from each at random.

Plus any music channel I tune to it always starts the song at the start of the song. (You can turn this off it you want to listen to “live” radio but I don’t think most people will notice the programming is off a minute or two.

They have come a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
That would suck if your listening to a game and find out your not listening LIVE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts