ReplayTV - 811 hookup question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

akaRadar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
I have a ReplayTV 5040 and the 811. I am trying to use S video output from the 811 to the S video input of the 5040. All I get is a black screen with small lines scrolling down the screen. I get audio OK. I can hook it up using the composite (RCA) jacks from 811 to 5040 and it works. I wanted to use S video as I assume the quality would be better.
I use DVI out of 811 to my Hi-Def plasma monitor normaly. I have the 811 setup to output 1080i, 16X9 in the HDTV setup menu.
Should I be able to use the S video out of 811 to the 5040 with this setup, or is composite the only way?
Thanks,
Bill -

Are you pushing the SD/HD button? I know the 811 is supposed to output both at same time but... Also Hit Menu> setup>Network and Input settings>Change IN 2 , the S-video must go into Input 2. Blaster code 0775 should work. Keep all settings, and do a connect to replay service if you did not have these settings in already. Try this if you already have not...

Thanks! I did not know I needed to use input 2 for S video. That did the trick. I can now use the S-video to the 5040.
I don't see any change pushing the SD/DH on the 811 remote. What is it suppose to do?
Thanks again.
Bill-

akaRadar said:
Thanks! I did not know I needed to use input 2 for S video. That did the trick. I can now use the S-video to the 5040.
I don't see any change pushing the SD/DH on the 811 remote. What is it suppose to do?
Thanks again.
Bill-
NP...:) The SD/HD button on the 6000u and 921 changes the resolution...you do know it is easy to upgrade the HDD on your 5040, (have one with 200 and a 40 gig and another with a 250 and a 30 in them) also have you used dvarchive?

dfergie said:
NP...:) The SD/HD button on the 6000u and 921 changes the resolution...you do know it is easy to upgrade the HDD on your 5040, (have one with 200 and a 40 gig and another with a 250 and a 30 in them) also have you used dvarchive?

I got DVDArchive last night and it works great. I had a little trouble with a time out error downloading a movie to my PC at first. I changed my transfer speed from the default of 375 to 775Kbytes/s and it worked, plus it downloaded a lot faster :)

I have heard you could upgrade the 5040 HD. Where is a good step X step instructions for that. Any certain HD's to use or not use?

Thanks!

www.planetreplay.com
Go to the appropriate forum the links will be on the left side...
and visit the replay forum at www.avsforum.com
I have used a 200gig seagate along with the 40 gig maxtor in my first one, and a 250 gig maxtor with a 30 gig maxtor in my second one...(have a 5504 that I'm waiting to make sure it lives before upgrading...) I have 3 pc's one with a 200 and a 40 gig dedecated to dvarchive, one with a 120 and a 80 and another with 100 gigs allocated to same...(just do not run them all at once)

Most folks record (downrezzed hd)at medium quality, it makes it easier to transfer... try high and medium and compare...rule of thumb is 1 gig at standard quality per hour, 2 gigs at medium and 3 gigs at High (more or less). You can get rtv tools and use Review to convert to a medium where you can use a program like TMPG dvd author to edit and put togather dvds...

dfergie said:
www.planetreplay.com
Go to the appropriate forum the links will be on the left side...
and visit the replay forum at www.avsforum.com
I have used a 200gig seagate along with the 40 gig maxtor in my first one, and a 250 gig maxtor with a 30 gig maxtor in my second one...(have a 5504 that I'm waiting to make sure it lives before upgrading...) I have 3 pc's one with a 200 and a 40 gig dedecated to dvarchive, one with a 120 and a 80 and another with 100 gigs allocated to same...(just do not run them all at once)

I know who to look for now with ReplayTV questions :D
What is the top transfer speed you set your 5040 and still have good stability?

I stay around 610, I have my Replays going thru a router and a switch in one room and hooked to wireless internet so they update themselves once a day...also there is a service called pooli if you have broadband and miss a program, you can request it...There are several of us Replayers here...:)
Btw, One replay is hooked to my 921, one to a 6000u and one to a sd D* receiver.

Do they make a replay or any recording device that has a dd audio input. i would realy like to clear some space off of my 508 but i want it in dd audio.

ramimac said:
Do they make a replay or any recording device that has a dd audio input. i would realy like to clear some space off of my 508 but i want it in dd audio.

All I know is my Replay 5040 has a optical audio out, but not one for recording (input), as far as I can tell. Not sure what good the optical output is if you can't record in DD. Maybe Dfergie or someone else has more info.

I have one last question about getting my Replay to change channels on the 811. I can't get it to work using code 775. I know the IR blaster is working because it will change channels on my old Dish 510 PVR (I think it is) setting right next to my 811. I have my 811 remote code on #5 so it wont interfear with my 510, is that the problem? I tried the code 775D in the Replay setup thinking that would make it the same as remote ID #5 on the Dish, but didn't work.
I would try to change my 811 back to IR #1, but can't rember how I did it a year ago. Also I would have to change the 510 to another IR code (if it can even be done).
Thanks for any help!

I think it's a bug, but I've found that the remote will only transmit IR if the remote ID (address) is set to it's lowest possible number (1). Anyway that's what I found when I changed the remote ID.

Good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)