replenished stock of 6000s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Boma

Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Where are these 6000s going to come from? For months, Dish has been saying they no longer have 6000s in stock (discontinued)
Are these going to be refurbs?
Are these JVC branded?
What happens if the don't have enough to sell. Will the substitute 811s. (NOT !)
Do these have to be activated or could I just keep it as a spare?
I already have a 6000 so my yearly commitment could be covered under the exsiting 6000.
Just curious.

Well,

I sent four of them back in the past 18 months! LOL

I hope they fixed them!

Honestly, this likely won't be heavily advertised. I doubt you'd find a copy of the 6000 offer on a insert in your bill.

Boma said:
Where are these 6000s going to come from? For months, Dish has been saying they no longer have 6000s in stock (discontinued)
Are these going to be refurbs?
Are these JVC branded?
What happens if the don't have enough to sell. Will the substitute 811s. (NOT !)
Do these have to be activated or could I just keep it as a spare?
I already have a 6000 so my yearly commitment could be covered under the exsiting 6000.
Just curious.

THey will come from Ebay when everyone dumps them for about $100.
Good timing on all those sold for over 500 up till now!! :twisted:

I talked to a retailer thursday. He was told they are making them thru the
end of the month, then will stop production.
How can they sneak thru without HD closed caption, & manufactor?

If Dish has the 6000 back in production, it tells us that the $500 reciever really doesn't cost Dish more than $199 to produce.
Why would they offer 6000s for $199 only to LOOSE $300 on each one they sold?

My take...

Dish hasn't shipped a 6000 to a dealer for how long? My local guys have said they can't get them, they are coming out with a replacement (811). Now Dish will only sell direct from them (the warehouse).

I think Dish has purposely held the 6000 out of the distribution pipeline to minimize the number for sale at $499 when the $199s hit the market.

What would you think if you had 20 6000s and all of a sudden your wholesaler started selling them for $200 less than your cost?

Dish was bleeding the system dry of 6000s before they ran their $199 promotion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)